Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2005 5:18:26 PM EDT
Is it  allright to crush my can with foot before turning in for deposit as long as the Mi 10 cent sign is showing??

I live in Georgia but noticed the cans i buy have Michigans recycle 10 cents deposit on top of can and i am thinking of stockpiling and bring a load up this winter!!

Where do i turn them in and will i need a recipt stating i bought them or anything else?

Thx....
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:55:06 PM EDT
[#1]
no you cant crush them and still get the deposit. the machines that most stores use to tabulate how many cans you are returning require that you place an un-crushed can in the machine so it can be scanned by the lasers in the machine. sorry man
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:55:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Returning a can for a deposit that was never paid is actually illegal, but unenforceable.

You can return a can to any store that sells the brand being returned. Any convenience store will take them, grocery store, Wal-Mart, etc.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:59:18 AM EDT
[#3]
4.) Posting comments or links in support of illegal activities
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top