Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/21/2004 8:01:18 AM EST
Okay...maybe you need more info than that. hasingtoo far out into the sticks and I was wondering if anyone knew the legalities of shooting on your own land? Obviously keeping the safety of the neighbors in mind.

I'm purusing the RCWs...but I figured I would throw it out in case anyone had looked into this before.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:11:41 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:22:32 AM EST
I can not speak of it for your state but for the most part as long as you are not in city limits you can shoot all day. I lived in a subdivison and did not have much land but still shot out in my back yard from time to time mostly just to piss off people
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:23:23 AM EST
Where is the property?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:25:31 AM EST
There are a couple parcels out in Black Diamond/Auburn that I'm looking at.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:26:13 AM EST
Yeah, it depends. Like in Snohomish county no shooting west of Hwy 9.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:31:06 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/21/2004 8:32:07 AM EST by TD]
12.68.030 Unincorporated King county where not designated as a "no shooting" area. In all areas of King County not designated by ordinance as "no shooting" areas, except when a person is on his own property or has written permission from the owner, and the discharge of such weapons and the trajectory of any projectile is restricted to said property, it is unlawful to discharge a firearm within five hundred feet of any building capable of being occupied by people or domestic animals or used for storage of flammable or combustible materials or trails used for hiking, biking, or horseback riding, and designated as such in the county comprehensive plan; provided, that the above-referenced distance shall not be less than two hundred fifty feet when the firearm being discharged is a shotgun. (Ord. 4691 § 1, 1980).

HOWEVER...I could be close. hinking.gif

12.68.260 Area south of Maple valley and north of Kent-Kangley road. A "no shooting area" is hereby established comprising the following described area:

All that area lying within a tract bounded on the east by State Road No. 5 (Maple Valley-Black Diamond), on the west by the Wax Road, on the south by State Road No. 5-A (Kent-Kangley Road), and on the north by Wax Road and Kent-Maple Valley Road: Except those portions of Sections 19, 20 and 30, Township 22 North, Range 6 East, W.M., and Sec. 25, Twp. 22 N., R. 5 E., W.M. Any person who violates the provisions of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor. (Res. 13256, 1952).
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:32:02 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/21/2004 8:33:46 AM EST by 2whiskeyP]

Originally Posted By TD:
There are a couple parcels out in Black Diamond/Auburn that I'm looking at.

I live near Black Diamond. Some places are marked no shooting areas so you need to be carefull. I shoot at my place a little but usually just the .22 and every now and then the shotty. There are two nice rifle clubs nearby. I need to join one of them some day...
Top Top