Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2012 3:29:04 PM EDT
I realized (thanks to an arfcommer) that my D. King trust refers to a schedule of compensation in the trust body. However  I was not given one, and therefore did not include it when I sent in my forms. It went pending July 5th, and should hit problem status any day now. Now,  can I figure out what a schedule of compensation is, try to make one, and sent it in ahead of time to avoid this? Or should I figure out how to obtain/make one and wait for it to go into problem status (hell I don't even know how you find that out; haha)

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/5/2012 3:50:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/5/2012 4:15:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you!
Link Posted: 11/5/2012 4:35:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Mark, I asked this in armory class 3 but havent really gotten a reply. Lets assume that I get a problem letter for one of my two forms pending, can I send in two additional form 1s with all associated peices including the check with the fixed form and maybe just maybe the examiner will stamp them for me as well??? It makes sense that they could since they already have all my info in front of them.
Link Posted: 11/5/2012 6:14:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/5/2012 6:33:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought a form one for an aow was still $200, and only the transfers for aow were $5..... Can I fill out a form one for an aow for $5?
Link Posted: 11/5/2012 6:55:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mark, I asked this in armory class 3 but havent really gotten a reply. Lets assume that I get a problem letter for one of my two forms pending, can I send in two additional form 1s with all associated peices including the check with the fixed form and maybe just maybe the examiner will stamp them for me as well??? It makes sense that they could since they already have all my info in front of them.

Weirder things have happened but I would be surprised if they approved the new forms.  The examiners don't handle the tax payments typically.

Get this one though...

Guy sent in a Form 1 for an AOW on a shotgun with a check for $5.  He wanted to convert a shotty to an AOW.  The $5 check was cashed.  Once the examiner got the form, they stuck a $200 stamp on it, approved it and sent it back with a note in the comments that this should be a SBS and not an AOW.    I've held that shotgun and the form in my hands.

Mark

I suspect that I'll have one of my forms come back with a problem, I will attempt to send 2 more form 1s back with it. I will report back with findings.
Link Posted: 11/5/2012 8:45:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I realized (thanks to an arfcommer) that my D. King trust refers to a schedule of compensation in the trust body. However I was not given one, and therefore did not include it when I sent in my forms. It went pending July 5th, and should hit problem status any day now. Now,  can I figure out what a schedule of compensation is, try to make one, and sent it in ahead of time to avoid this? Or should I figure out how to obtain/make one and wait for it to go into problem status (hell I don't even know how you find that out; haha)

Thanks

I believe I am in the same boat with my Dking trust, but I have not submitted mine yet.  If it is possible, can someone post a link or IM me a copy of what this form should look like?  I remember seeing a thread here in the Ga HTF weeks ago and like an idiot, didn't subscribe to it.  Also thanks.

P.S.- saw Bookhound's suggestion under the OP, but Ex-Kal wasn't online at this ridiculous hour.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 1:34:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I also have a DKing trust, and the schedule was included.  It's super simple, and the ATF approved my first Form 4 on the trust last month so I know it works now.
The Schedule of Compensation page is just:

STATE OF GEORGIA
COUNTY OF ???
??? Revocable Living Trust

Schedule of Compensation for Trustee

The trustees agree to forgo compensation at this time and until any further amendment is agreed upon in accordance with Section 9 of the Declaration of Trust.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:21:54 AM EDT
[#9]
So, does Doug get an "A" for his trust work?  
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:57:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Unless he has drastically changed recently, DKing gets a "A" for life, not just trust work.  He is a good guy with a level head on his shoulders and really tries his best to help gun folks like us.  I have never obtained a trust, so I can't say for sure on that one, but I have him in my cell phone's phone book just in case I get in some kind of weapons-related trouble, and I fortunately have never had to call.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 6:02:18 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unless he has drastically changed recently, DKing gets a "A" for life, not just trust work.  He is a good guy with a level head on his shoulders and really tries his best to help gun folks like us.  I have never obtained a trust, so I can't say for sure on that one, but I have him in my cell phone's phone book just in case I get in some kind of weapons-related trouble, and I fortunately have never had to call.

Sadly, you need to find a new "go to" person, it's a helluva commute for him from Alaska...

Link Posted: 11/6/2012 6:07:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sadly, you need to find a new "go to" person, it's a helluva commute for him from Alaska...

Indeed, I learned of this a month or so ago.  I was hoping he could recommend other representation from afar.  LOL
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 7:03:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Frank Marquez is taking over for him ( at least he did for a family member when Doug left in the middle of the case)
Good guy
678-646-2244
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 7:21:28 PM EDT
[#14]
I know this is a week or two out now, but if you are missing the compensation schedule look again as it was included in the trust.  Doug did one for me and one for a friend about two years apart and both came with it, we just printed it out as well as the rest of the trust paperwork (and I just got back 2 more Form 1's approved)
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:22:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:43:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know this is a week or two out now, but if you are missing the compensation schedule look again as it was included in the trust.  Doug did one for me and one for a friend about two years apart and both came with it, we just printed it out as well as the rest of the trust paperwork (and I just got back 2 more Form 1's approved)

Some of his Trusts included it.  Some did not.

Yeah that is what a few people said until they actually looked at the forms and saw it there.  So, like I said...if you are "missing" it go back and look before you shit the bed.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:02:05 AM EDT
[#17]
For once i actually have something worth wile to contribute to this. I have a DK trust completed around two years ago and it does have the compensation form. I sent in 3 trusts over the last 6 months and i think I forgot to include the schedule of compensation in all three of them. I think the problem is that i stapled them to photocopy and include a updated scheduled A. I must have forgotten to include the schedule A and Schedule of compensation. The first of these trusts was sent out in January and then two others in July about two weeks apart. The one from Jan as the eyeopener that i had goofed up. They sent me a letter wanting a Schedule A and schedule of compensation. When i looked at my original trust i saw it there. I copied it and sent it in along with a schedule A. In about 2 weeks i got my stamp, simple. I was hopping i didnt do my other two stamp applications wrong but i had my doubts.

About 1 week ago i got the error letter for my stamp that was pending 07/01/12. Sure enough it needed a schedule of compensation. I took a copy of the schedule of compensation and stapled it to the error letter. I also included a complete and correct copy of the trust. This should fix the problem for that stamp.

I decided to take another step that is pertinent to this thread. I wrote a letter explaining that i have another stamp pending on 07/17/12. I described that it is probably missing the same paperwork and requested that if possible they use the complete trust or copy of the schedule of compensation for the 07/17/12 stamp. I also included a copy of the From 4 for the 07/17/12 application and all serial numbers to help them track it. I have no idea if this will work but i figure it cant hurt.

All this considered, i would not try contacting them until they contact you. From what i here, some minor things that one examiner lets slide, other dont like. So the issue that you see as a problem might not even be a problem to your examiner.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:10:19 PM EDT
[#18]
I got my letter last week, attached my schedule of compensation (thanks to fellow arfcom guys) and sent it back. They got it today, so I'm curious to see how long it will take before my stamp gets here
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top