Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2006 8:33:54 PM EDT
Going shooting this Sunday at Calverton...

Would like to know if the majority of the target holders at the 100 yard line are back up, or if I should bring my own target stand.

I plan to be on the 100yd line most of the time. may migrate to 200 if wind is light. Haven't been to Calverton in a couple of months which is why I ask

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 6:03:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I haven't been out there for the same period of time but unless there is a big change I would definitely carry with you some corrugated cardboard boxes, opened and flattened out, with targets already pasted on them.  Bring a knife and some twine and you can tie them to the posts which are usually still standing, albeit without any homesote board between them now.
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 1:54:49 PM EDT
[#2]
They seemed to have most of the target stands up today at 50, 100 and 200 yards. I can't really be sure if it's all of them because it was my 1st visit there. However, There were lots of stands, no-one seemed to be bringing their own.

Hope it helps!
Link Posted: 8/27/2006 5:13:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I went to Calverton last thursday. All the 200yd stands were up. All the 50yd stands were up. HALF the 100yd stands were up.The overall condition of the range seems the same and Harry reports on NO intention to sell.......
Link Posted: 8/27/2006 6:16:15 AM EDT
[#4]
If you go on a weekend and don't arrive early, I would still advise to bring a couple of stakes and the aforementioned corrugated cardboard, if you shoot 15 yard handgun or 100 yard rifle.
Glad Harry still claims to not be marketing the joint.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top