Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 10:39:53 PM EDT
I am coming back to visit in California in mid-March. I now live in AZ, so I bought an AK and an AR. I will be here for about 8 days. Can I bring those into the state for vacation purpases?Please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:43:50 PM EDT
[#1]
No you cannot. Only when attending a sanctioned rifle match.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:20:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Christ, RJ, have you become an ant-burner like the rest of them?!?!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:46:05 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Actually, I moved to green part of the state, you know where it rains once each decade.

Really, I moved to Flagstaff to go to NAU and, of course, buy things I could never even dream of in California. You still going to Burro? If you come out to AZ, let me know and we can go shooting at the Cinder Pits!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:46:47 AM EDT
[#4]
If you're "passing through" I believe its legal.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:26:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, I moved to green part of the state, you know where it rains once each decade.

Really, I moved to Flagstaff to go to NAU and, of course, buy things I could never even dream of in California. You still going to Burro? If you come out to AZ, let me know and we can go shooting at the Cinder Pits!

There are a few people that still go to Burro, just not organized like it was before. I was planning on going up there soon. When are you gonna be in town?

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:35:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If you're "passing through" I believe its legal.

Only if it remains in a locked case the entire time and there cannot be any magazines with more than 10 rounds capacity.  Also, an 8 day stay is not "passing through."
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:55:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Do not expect FOPA '86 to protect you for in-state travel - that's something after you're arrested and tried.  (Look at NY & NJ.)

Just don't bring an AW or hicap into CA.  While there's an exemption for shooting competitions sanctioned by nationally recognized bodies, any dilly-dallying going to & from the shoot could be regarded as illegal- no overnight stays, shopping, visiting relatives, etc.  This exemption was poorly thought out and could be contravened by 12280(a).

Bill Wiese
San Jose

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:00:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are a few people that still go to Burro, just not organized like it was before. I was planning on going up there soon. When are you gonna be in town?

I will be getting into town on March 19 and leaving March 27. I'd like to go to Burro. May be DrFrige, Padanby, Mall-Ninja, and the rest of the guys will come along.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:57:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Was in TX this morning.  Posting from OK this afternoon and off to South Carolina tomorrow morning.  Will be back in Sunny Southern California in about a week and a half.

Well at least it was sunny when I left.  Did you guys foul it up when I was gone?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top