Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2006 4:45:04 AM EDT
I can't afford to buy one right now

I think my Kimber shoots to the left.  Out of everyone that has had trigger time on this particular gun, about 1/2 of us feel this way and the other 1/2 contend it is dead on.  So 50% of us are pulling to the left, OR 50% pull to the right.  WWB is 90% of what I put through her.

Yesterday, I could have sworn it was shooting left.  The only way to know for sure is to eliminate potential shooter error with a rest so I can have the sights asjusted if necessary.  Since I am going back out next Wednesday, I want to bring a table and chair and put a rest on the table to see where she shoots.

I promise I will return it in the same condition it was loaned to me, and I'll throw some beer in for your generosity.

Richard
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:50:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Richard, you're welcome to use mine. The problem is I live in Ahwatukee/Foothills.That's a hike for you (and a bunch of gas). I have used sandbags or bags of shot (1/2 full) with the same success. LMK.

Jim
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:24:31 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Richard, you're welcome to use mine. The problem is I live in Ahwatukee/Foothills.That's a hike for you (and a bunch of gas). I have used sandbags or bags of shot (1/2 full) with the same success. LMK.

Jim

Thanks for the offer, Jim.  That is a little much of a trek, though, like you said.  I'll try the sandbags.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:18:07 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jim

Thanks for the offer, Jim.  That is a little much of a trek, though, like you said.  I'll try the sandbags.

Let us know how it turns out. Another tried and true method is to use your range bag as a rest. I've used this method and have seen others use it with the same results. It's not very stable, but the stories you get to tell about the powder burns and the bullet hole in your bag are priceless. What's that saying?..."Neccessity is a mother" or something like that. Good luck!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top