Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2003 8:09:32 AM EDT
Hey guys, I just got screwed out of buying the scope, rings and base for a .308 bolt gun I'm having built. Someone took the liberty of using my credit card to by some new shit, I'm sure it's something that can be reported to the police just to have it noted, but is there anything that the police could really do about it. They charged over $1000.00 on my card. How they got the numbers I can only guess as the card was in my wallet when the purcheses were made. So would it even be worth while to talk to the police about it? Personaly I'd like to track the rat down and give them a $1000.00 asswhoopen but the chances of that are slim to none and i think slim is leavin for the islands as I type this.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 11:19:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know about the cops, but call the cc company, you shouldn't have to pay more than 50 dollars of it, if any at all.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 4:08:25 AM EDT
[#2]
call your CC compney now and report it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 5:02:44 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
call your CC compney now and report it.

Did that as soon as I noticed it. Guess i forgot to mention that. I'm so damn pissed about this....
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 10:59:27 AM EDT
[#4]
My squad is getting radio work done, so I don't have a stature number handy, but it is theft, and it is something that some credit card companies require is a police report taken. If in doubt, call your local district attorney's office, or even call your local PD. They should  tell you. Either way it's not a civil issue, it is a criminal one, and an officer needs to do a report on it if you make a complaint. Just have a copy of the records for him that he can include with it. I don't remember if it's more than $1000 or $2000 for felony charges at the moment, as it might have recently changed (legal updates don't come round here as often as we'd like, and changes enacted a year previous doens't make it to a department sometimes until almost a year later.). If you're in the Northwest, give me a holler and I can point you in the direction of the agency to talk to.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 11:17:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Over $500 is a felony, the store a friend worked for was robbed and they tried to pin it on him there was something like $900+ stolen and the police told him he would be looking at a felony if the store pressed charges, that was about 6 months ago. I'm down in SE wisconsin. The closest i get to the NW part of the state is the occassional trip to the LaCrosse, Genoa, DeSoto area for hunting and getting out of this damn city. Thanks for the info I have to call the credit card company tomarrow and I'll ask them if they need me to have a police report filed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top