Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 6/26/2018 9:11:45 AM EDT
I live in Ohio, and I am selling a C&R rifle, and someone from CA is interested in it. They say it is legal for me to ship it directly to them if they have a C&R FFL and a COE (whatever that is). Is this correct? I have read some people say that even if you have a C&R I would have to mail the gun to an 01 FFL dealer. Can you guys help me out?

Link Posted: 6/26/2018 5:11:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/26/2018 5:17:30 PM EDT by operatorerror]
A person in CA who has a valid 03 C&R and a valid COE can receive C&R firearms directly. See the CMP shipping requirements for clarification.

" Rifle shipments to CA must be made to a State licensed dealer or may be made to individual homes, providing that a CA Certificate of Eligibility and a Curio and Relic License are provided." Please see link below.

The COE (Certificate Of Eligibility) is issued by the CA DOJ to persons who have completed a background check and done a live scan, submitted the proper forms and paid a fee. The COE/C&R combo also allows the holder to bypass the new CA ammo laws and directly receive internet ammunition shipments. Unfortunately there is no requirement for the vendor to follow that very clear and concise direction.

Bottom of page under the "Important" heading
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 3:14:43 AM EDT
Yup, if he has both you can send it directly to him. Ammo, too.
Top Top