Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2018 2:52:29 PM EDT
All, I recently heard some squirrel in my attic space. I have sealed off the two spots they were entering through the gable vent. I can confirm there are none in my attic, so no need to trap any. The gable vents are sealed off using heavy duty metal mesh, so there is no way they are getting through, but I keep hearing them gnawing at the wood to get back in to "their" home. They have already done considerable damage. Can I use my air rifle to kill them? I don't have a hunters license.

Thanks for the assistance.
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 11:59:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes an no. Call DNR an get a nuisance permit to kill them. If your "in" town you can't shoot them. Box traps are cheap at TSC, trap them an put them down.
Link Posted: 3/30/2018 10:23:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, trapping is your best bet. Followed by a Rubbermaid bin full of enough water to submerge the trap. Though shooting them is waaay more fun.

When my younger brother and I were maybe 14 and 16, we basically rid the neighborhood of squirrels one summer with an air rifle fired from bedroom windows after discovering that they were getting in our attic.   Of course more squirrels always came back.

This was in northeast Baltimore City, and we never got caught. It was great practice too, since with our shitty air rifle you had to hit them in either the eye or ear to kill them reliably. Made both of us pretty good with iron sights.

Our dad who still lives in that same house routinely traps them then discreetly dispatches them. The war will never end.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top