Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2005 3:46:28 PM EDT
Hi all.

Just was wondering if any of you are planning on attending Camp Perry shoot this August.  I'm going to compete in the Garand shoot, the M16 shoot and the military bolt shoot.  I'll be there August 3rd - 6th.  I'm  meeting up with two other friends of mine from PA and we're driving up from the Pittsburgh area.

Just curious if any other New Englanders are going, if you'd been there before and your experiences.

Rome
Link Posted: 4/17/2005 7:15:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll be going also.  I'll be shooting in the pres100 and the NTI.  I'll be there the whole first week of Aug.

Derek
Link Posted: 4/17/2005 12:26:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you going to be staying on the base?  I volunteered there a couple of years ago during the pistol matches and had a great time.  

If you are staying in the baracks bring a Smokey Joe grill, a comfortable camp chair, a cooler and bug spray.  Beer, food and charcoal and ice can be purchased on the base or out in Port Clinton.

Bring a good boonie hat and a gallon of water with you out to the firing line.

If you have any other questions ask.

Also bring money/ CC or money orders, and talk to your FFL about the possibility of having firearms sent back.  Commercial row can be a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 4/17/2005 1:33:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, guys.  

I appreciate the suggestions.

From what I understand, we'll be staying in a hotel right near the base.  I'm at the mercy of the two other shooters.  From what I understand, however, the huts are a lot of fun.  I'll have a chance to check for myself this year.  We're planning on arriving to shoot on the 3rd and will shoot throught the 6th.  I'll return home on the 7th.  

I'll check in here as time grows closer.  IT would be great to meet a couple of other New Englander's there!

Rome
Link Posted: 4/20/2005 6:08:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/21/2005 4:23:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/25/2005 7:20:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll be staying in one of the Huts.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2005 2:33:10 AM EDT
[#7]
My son and I will be there the first week (he will probably stay for NRA I can not)--will be  staying in the huts with the CT team

ETA I was told we have huts in the 1600's -look for the Ct flag and stop by to say Hello
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 4:19:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Hi all. I've pretty much put my gear together and am going to the range tomorrow and Sunday just to keep my "skills" (such as they are) honed as best I can.  I'm looking forward to Perry.

I'll be shooting in the EIC M16 match, the M1 Garand Match, and the military bolt with my 03A3 on Satuday.  It will be a lot of fun, I guess.  I've neve attended before so everything will be new for me.

I'll have a boonie hat on most of the time, desert bdus, and desert boots,  and will have my "Parallax" badge on the top with my handle "cabinetman" on.  If you see me, please grab me and say hello.  It's always great to meet fellas from the boards at a remote site.  

Look forward to seeing you all and i'll be looking for the Connecticut Flag in the barracks area!

Rome
Enfield
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:22:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Good news to report, SgtHoskins made the President's 100!!

He still has a few more matches to compete in this week as well.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:54:25 AM EDT
[#10]
And a good time was had by all!

The weather cooperated (although it was extremely warm on Wednesday and Thursday!), the shooting was awesome and meeting up with new friends was a blast.  I'll certainly return next year to beat my own scores and maybe medal myself.  

One interesting note: during the EIC M16 match, you are issued a military M16 neutered to only shoot semi-auto.  The one I used had a trigger so hard that I thought I was going to break it or that the safety was on!  I estimate that it was easily a 25 lb trigger pull.  That, friends, was difficult to work around.

Rome
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top