Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2003 7:08:58 AM EDT
Huge article in LI section of sundays Ny Times
saying there is no security at Calverton, and that they monitored terrorists there in 89. One was the raghead that killed Meir Kahane head of the JDL and some connected to the 93 WTC bombing . My scanner is not working or i would print it, a definate read

Hopefully someone can find a link
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 7:31:12 AM EDT
[#1]
here is a different article i found

Training for Jihad

It takes more than practice to turn a man into a marksman. Ask anyone who's ever felt the exhilaration that comes when a thundering cannon of a handgun explodes in his hand. Ask anyone who has ever experienced the rush of expectation and almost Zen-like concentration in that one suspended nanosecond as the invisible bullet travels to its target. To be a true marksman, you almost have to become part of your gun. In a sense, it is an act of surrender.

Surrender.

Nosair savored that word, such a beautiful word, in all its apparent contradictions. Surrender. It is the essence of Islam, the belief that to honor God and all of His creation, one must surrender completely to Islam. Someday, Nosair prayed, the whole world would surrender to Islam, as he had. But in order for that to happen, Nosair had to surrender himself again, to give up that part of himself that wished to control things.

Surrender.

Nosair closed one eye, felt the roughness of the pistol grip against his palm, the weight of the gun in his hand, its mass, its severity, the smooth trigger against his finger. He exhaled slowly and hardly even noticed his finger pulled back on the trigger.

The sharp thunderous crack of the gun echoed through the Calverton shooting range. Ali Mohammed smiled approvingly.

It was the summer of 1989, and for months, Nosair and Ali and some of the other men of the Farouq Mosque on Atlantic Avenue in Brooklyn had been regularly meeting at the Calverton range on Long Island.

In addition to Nosair and Ali, an Army sergeant who made it back to New York from Fort Bragg, N.C., every chance he got, there was Mohammed Salameh and Nidal Ayyad and Mahmud Abuhalima, Mahmud the Red, he was called because of the red baseball cap he wore with the emblem of the National Rifle Association embroidered on the crown. Clement Hampton-El was there as well. He stood out. Unlike the others, who had all been born in Egypt, or in the Palestinian territories, Hampton-El was an American black man who had converted to Islam, but he donned the same uniform as the others, the drab T-shirt with a map of Afghanistan emblazoned on it and a logo that read, "A Muslim to a Muslim is like a brick wall."

Link Posted: 10/6/2003 8:10:35 AM EDT
[#2]
http://www.crimelibrary.com/terrorists_spies/terrorists/elsayid_nosair/3.html?sect=22

Sorry, I forget every time how to post the url.
Will try to find the Times article.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 10:08:07 AM EDT
[#3]

www.crimelibrary.com/terrorists_spies/terrorists/elsayid_nosair/3.html?sect=22

So these rag heads were at the range in 1989 performing legal activities, which they would not have been restricted from performing, even if under strict FBI surveilance.  Were the rifles registered to them in NYC or did they possess them illegally?  

Looks like a push for outlawing "sniper rifles" even though that definition could have been applied to my last Rem 700 BDL.  

BTW, why weren't you at the range yesterday?
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 11:15:22 AM EDT
[#4]
just got back from FL, so i couldnt make it dude
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 1:07:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like they are trying to link the NRA with terrorists...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top