Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/11/2006 3:36:16 PM EDT
I plan on taking a vacation in your warm and sunny state the end of Feb. I'm staying in Cocoa Beach and was wondering if there are some firearm stores and other gun related attractions in the area for me to check out.

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:08:34 PM EDT
Anyone ?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:16:05 PM EDT
There is a place in Merrit Island called B & H Gun Rack. They sell to LEO's mostly, but do deal to the public. I get my M855 Nato ammo there by the case, I'll admit not cheap but it's worth it. If you care to go to Melbourne there is an indoor range (Pistol only) called Action Gun Outfitters, I don't know if they rent firearms or not though.

Hope it helps,

Dave
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:05:26 PM EDT
Thanks Dave, I'll check those places out, I need to find places like that so I don't get roped into doing all woman type stuff while I'm there, if you know what I mean.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:28:21 PM EDT
In Merritt Island, there's B&H. They're on my shit list ever since the owner (who, I'm told, is big into class 3 stuff), told me that it was basically illegal for him to transfer a stripped lower to me 'cause I "might make it full-auto". Yeah huh...

Anyhoo, it's a bit of a drive, but there's an outdoor range down in Sebastian with 50, 100, and 200 yard rifle, pistol, and sporting clays.

Also on Merritt Island, there's an indoor range called The Gun Site, that rents pistols, a couple pistol caliber carbines, and FA UZI's. ;)
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:49:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/13/2006 2:50:39 AM EDT by Gmountain]
You must go to the Kennedy Space Center, at least. That's very testosterone inducing.

Here's something you might consider. Knight's Armament manufacturing is not that far away. Their store is in Vero Beach, and their factory closer to Cocoa. Call them up-maybe they will give you a tour.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:08:17 PM EDT
Kel-Tec is right around the corner. Not sure if they have a tour or not.

www.kel-tec.com

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:35:53 PM EDT
The Gun Site is a good place and near the space center in Titusville is a fairly new indoor range. I believe they have items to rent as well.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:03:55 PM EDT
Thanks guys, I'll definataly check these places out.

If you guys ever take a northern vacation be sure and let me know so I can return the favor and maybe hook you up with some kick ass snowmobiling or something.
Top Top