Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/12/2005 9:35:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/5/2005 4:29:14 PM EDT by TREETOP]
Hey fellas,

Just a small favor to ask. If you hear of, know anyone, etc. that is getting rid of furniture, or any OTHER household goods, drop me a line, ESPECIALLY in the Tucson area. I NEED FURNITURE!!! my house is just WAY too big and way too bare, i dont have enough stuff to fill it!! THANKS GUYS!!

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:09:39 PM EDT
DAMMIT STYK!!!!
I just promised away all my old furniture last month!
When I move into my new house next month, if anyone who said they were gonna take something backs out I'll let you know.

I'm up in Phoenix, but most of it is quality 1940's vintage Victorian style stuff including a mohogany table top, all of which needs to be restored.
So it could be worth the drive if thats what you and MRS_STYK like.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:20:58 AM EDT
If you get up near Phoenix, I've got an old couch that I'd love to get rid of...
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:55:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BulletBait:
DAMMIT STYK!!!!
I just promised away all my old furniture last month!
When I move into my new house next month, if anyone who said they were gonna take something backs out I'll let you know.

I'm up in Phoenix, but most of it is quality 1940's vintage Victorian style stuff including a mohogany table top, all of which needs to be restored.
So it could be worth the drive if thats what you and MRS_STYK like.

sounds good! thanks guys!! yup, just lemme know!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:03:51 PM EDT
Don't hate me or listen to me but

IKEA (south of warner next to I-10)
down stairs they have scratch and dent behind the returns area
I found lots (to much) way cheaper then you'd think. If you want particulars IM me.
It can be returned stuff, scratch and dent from the show floor or discontinued items.
Most is modern partical board with veneer or laminate covering it.

And watch out if you take you wife it's designed to suck you in and keep you there for at least 1/2 a day.

http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_US/
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:07:26 PM EDT
I have a couch you could have. Brown, very comfy, not horribly thrashed (might benefit from some febreze) and free if you come get it (queen creek area)
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:09:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/14/2005 8:10:32 PM EDT by tfod]
dope! the tweakers in the rental house left all their crap when they moved out- but it is gone now.

Never buy furniture, if you wait long enough someone will give some to you

... edit to add, just don't ask if anyone has a Bowflex they don't want.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:21:00 AM EDT
thanks guys!! IMs sent!
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:45:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By tfod:

... edit to add, just don't ask if anyone has a Bowflex they don't want.

IBTL...
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:50:11 AM EDT
how bout a weight bench or perhaps a thigh master?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:32:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/20/2005 5:33:50 AM EDT by K-9]
If your really looking for a weight bench set up I have a very nice set for sale here in phoenix/
members.cox.net/k9trainer/gym.jpg
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:54:34 PM EDT
Anything in particular you need? This will kickstart some minds that forgot where they put stuff.

Also, I am helping someone move from PHX to TUC this weekend, so I can keep an eye open for you.

I scored a bitchin daybed on the last move!!

I can set you up with ping pong for about $50.

I know, I will keep an eye open for free stuff.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:07:52 PM EDT
K-9, thats a pretty nice setup, what you askin for it?

Earp...dont you know better than to help a Clanton? actually....that ping pong table sounds alright......but i'm horrible at ping pong....but if you find an air hockey table, a foosball table, or a pool table.....drop me an IM....any of those would go great in my den!!

thanks a bunch guys!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:04:18 AM EDT
$275. you PU
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:33:54 PM EDT
check your PMs .... got a weight bench for you
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:03:13 AM EDT
hey guys thanks for the help. I'm gonna TRY and make it up to retrieve the couch from GT, just a matter of finding the time, been busy as shit lately. ALSO....guys, thanks for the info on the weight sets, i may be getting back w/ you on one of those. i have the room, just need the time and money to make it happen, LOL.

thanks again, i dont care what the rest of GD says, the AZ crew is alright!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:58:39 PM EDT
If you have any furniture consignment stores in Tucson, check em' out. You could find some good prices on gently used furniture. Also, call some of the retail stores, they might have discontinued or floor display stuff at a good discount.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:08:45 AM EDT
okay guys...two things......anyone have an old bed they wanna get rid of?? and how about this weekend for pickup on the couch??
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:49:52 AM EDT

Originally Posted By StykUrHedUp:
okay guys...two things......anyone have an old bed they wanna get rid of?? and how about this weekend for pickup on the couch??

I'll let you know a bit later this week...
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:53:36 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Gravity_Tester:

Originally Posted By StykUrHedUp:

I'll let you know a bit later this week...

sounds good G_T, thanks again amigo.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:21:41 AM EDT
alright guys...update!!

going to pick up the couch from G_T when a good time for both of us is determined....but still looking for...

Beds
Chairs (i.e. recliners, etc. for living room)
Weight Set/Machine
Dryer
Pool/Foosball/Air Hockey tables (yeah, i know, i know)
Deck/Lawn furniture

thanks AZ buds!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:00:34 PM EDT
Saturday looks like the day. Give me a call and I'll get you directions.

GT
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:32:46 AM EDT
Still need a bed?? I have one that I will give you. I live on the northwest side of Tucson, IM me for directions.

It's a queen size bed with frame.
Top Top