Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2006 10:11:55 AM EDT
In Shotgun News, I noticed in the DSArms advertisemen, there is a mini-ad for a "U.S. Made Stripped Lightweight Lower Receiver," It says: "California Laws Apply." I would like to know what is meant by this part because the upper reciever iswhat is counted as a "Firearm" for an FAL.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:35:49 AM EDT
[#1]
First, are you sure about the fal upper?
And second, with an ar, and, I believe everything else, the lower is the serialized part that is technically the firearm when not assembled.

Quoted:
In Shotgun News, I noticed in the DSArms advertisemen, there is a mini-ad for a "U.S. Made Stripped Lightweight Lower Receiver," It says: "California Laws Apply." I would like to know what is meant by this part because the upper reciever iswhat is counted as a "Firearm" for an FAL.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:48:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:36:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
... the upper reciever iswhat is counted as a "Firearm" for an FAL.

That's correct. FAL uppers are serialized and lowers are basically the trigger group, buttstock and pistol grip. Could be a misprint and they meant to say upper, or a CA neutered lower without the pistol grip. Dunno.

I don't think its a misprint because they showed a picture of the lower.

And yes, I'm sure that the upper is the serialized part because I own an FAL that I got all the parts for except the Upper in the mail.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:44:31 PM EDT
[#4]
DSA makes an AR15 typer lower reciever and complete rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top