Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2005 2:16:42 AM EDT
As previously speculated in an old post cabela's is coming to CT.
Front page of todays Hartford Courant says 200,000 sq. foot "outdoor experience" store to be built  at Rentschler Field in East Hartford.I think we were originally thinking South Windsor but this is even a little closer for some of us.
AWESOME!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:11:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I just heard the news on WTIC this morning.  200K square Feet!  Thank goodness.  We'll  be able to find some quality gear instead of having to deal with what Dick's has to offer!

Rome/Enfield
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:27:28 AM EDT
[#2]
That is awesome I cant wait!!!!!!!  Did they say when it was going to be finished?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:06:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
That is awesome I cant wait!!!!!!!  Did they say when it was going to be finished?

Why can't build one in Milford, like right down the street from me?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:48:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I had never been to anything like this before last weekend.  I was in Middletown, NY and went to Gander Mountain.  I was in heaven.  I'm guessing Cabela's is similar.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:08:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Delicious! No more shipping costs on ammo, though the gas would be about half that from Bpt but none the less lol.

Steve
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:40:02 AM EDT
[#6]
ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:43:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Delicious! No more shipping costs on ammo, though the gas would be about half that from Bpt but none the less lol.

Steve

We can car pool....
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:54:14 AM EDT
[#8]
LoL, yes, AR15.com carpool to Cabellas once a month, we'll rent a limo and everything
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:52:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Damn, and I just got a raise...
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:44:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I think I found a new place to stop at for a long lunch.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:55:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Cabela's said in an interview that they are looking to draw customers from a 300 mile radius.  Well, I've driven to Kittery to hit the Trading Post and it's not even that great a shop although they do have a lot of firearms on their racks, just not any C&R that I saw.

It's about time that a huge store like Cabela's opened up in New England. Heck, if they were in Maine or any of the other NE states, I'd drive there.  I'm just happy it's going to be about 20 minutes from Enfield.

Rome
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:26:57 PM EDT
[#12]
when I move back, I won't mind driving up from FFLD to get there.  Good gear and ammo.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:28:22 AM EDT
[#13]
So, what are the restrictions (if any) for someone from MA tro buy guns and/or ammo? I understand the federal restrictions; it is the state of CT that I am asking about.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:55:25 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
So, what are the restrictions (if any) for someone from MA tro buy guns and/or ammo? I understand the federal restrictions; it is the state of CT that I am asking about.

if you have a CT pistol permit or hunting permit or are military, you can purchase long guns and walk out the door with them.  Otherwise there's a 2 week wait.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:07:27 PM EDT
[#15]
So I take it there is no Insta-check in CT, eh?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:16:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
So I take it there is no Insta-check in CT, eh?

no, they have nics, but them are the rules...
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:41:36 PM EDT
[#17]
damn...I'm not even a PA resident and I've already purchased 4 guns here and walked out the door with them the same day.

Oh well...I've been spoiled living here in pittsburgh.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:11:19 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

if you have a CT pistol permit or hunting permit or are military, you can purchase long guns and walk out the door with them.  Otherwise there's a 2 week wait.

How about MA residents buying ammo in CT? Is that OK to do? No prob. in ME or NH for MA people.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:36:08 PM EDT
[#19]
there are no restrictions on out of state residents for purchasing ammo.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:14:08 AM EDT
[#20]
U know how many Massholes will be clogging our highways  trying to get ammunition. As usual they never change lanes and allow you to pass. My two cents, but I am happy that it is coming to CT.YIPPY.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:15:29 AM EDT
[#21]
I looked at Cabelas website, looks like if all goes well then it will open in 2007.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:14:38 PM EDT
[#22]
I am so screwed... This is 5 minutes from my office. I can go there on my lunch or instead of going to the titty bar after work.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:36:13 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
U know how many Massholes will be clogging our highways , trying to get ammunition. As usual they neverchange lanes to allow you to pass. My two cents, but I am happy that it is coming to CT.YIPPY.

Yeah, like the Massholes don't do that already.

I have it on good authority that MA and NJ motor vehicle departments have a pact where their residents are to drive aimlessly through CT.  To be credited with their drive, they must operate at 10 under the limit, block the left lane and otherwise create a rolling hazard.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:47:43 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
U know how many Massholes will be clogging our highways , trying to get ammunition. As usual they neverchange lanes to allow you to pass. My two cents, but I am happy that it is coming to CT.YIPPY.

Yeah, like the Massholes don't do that already.

I have it on good authority that MA and NJ motor vehicle departments have a pact where their residents are to drive aimlessly through CT.  To be credited with their drive, they must operate at 10 under the limit, block the left lane and otherwise create a rolling hazard.

Well, its only fair, as we get the rest of them up here......

It would be really cool to have a Cabelas in Tax Free New Hampshire......

Prob never happen though.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:53:28 AM EDT
[#25]
This is one fo the best things I've heard in years! I cant wait, and now I dont have to make that 4 1/2 hour drive to PA> And i thought I was happy they're opening one in NJ, a 2 hour drive? Forget about!!!! 07 I should even have some $ by then!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:05:38 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
there are no restrictions on out of state residents for purchasing ammo.

Excellent!!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:34:54 PM EDT
[#27]
+1
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:34:21 AM EDT
[#29]
I can see monthly roadtrips in my future-starting in 2007

Would any NH residents care to carpool?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top