Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2013 5:23:12 PM EST
I went to the Special Invite (friend of friend is an employee) soft opening tonight.

1) It's a Cabela's, just smaller. Don't expect anything ground-breaking.

2) They had .22 ammo. A lot of it was purchased, and they have one box of 100/ two boxes of 50 limit. I imagine they will re-stock before the regular opening.

3) They had a decent selection of primers and powder, though the bullet selection was limited.

4) The gun counter is a about 1/3 the length of the one in Buda or Fort Worth.

5) Saw a sign in the ammo area that said they price match. That'll come in handy since they carry some of the same ammo as Academy and Wal-Mart. Ammo was generally high compared to Wal-Mart and Academy.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:28:49 PM EST
The grand opening ad was unimpressive.

I'm going Tue on a special invite. Looking for reloading stuff, and some 22's. I'd like some 300 blk, but they don't carry it online, so probably none in store.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:16:45 PM EST
Stumbled onto a Cabelas opening in Denver about a month ago. Little baby Cabala's. Way less than 1/4 the size of the Ft Worth store. It was way focused on clothing, with a touch of camping. Almost nothing in the way of guns and ammo.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:18:37 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/28/2013 5:21:49 PM EST by Hater]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By batman4706:
The grand opening ad was unimpressive.

I'm going Tue on a special invite. Looking for reloading stuff, and some 22's. I'd like some 300 blk, but they don't carry it online, so probably none in store.
View Quote
I completely forgot to look for 300 BLK, and I need some.

ETA: If your special invite says anything about "employee pricing," it's 20% off. It even worked on primers. I didn't buy ammo, so I don't know if the discount is the same.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 6:55:33 AM EST
OP, Thanks for the update. We are getting an Outpost here in Lubbock, next summer. Good to know what to expect.

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 10:36:22 AM EST
Went over there today with a friend. He got a Cabela's card, so I $10 on my card. Wasn't a whole lot I was interested in, bought a can of Unique since you can use it on just about anything. Primers were $39.99, so decided to wait. Academy has them for $35. They price match local stores, but you need an ad to show them. Got some CCI 22lr standard velocity to use when I get my suppressor in.

Picked up a face cover for use on my m/c.

When I went to check out I got to use the $25 credit that you get when you get a card, so good experience for me & my buddy.

Got that free hat too.

Some good looking sales help too!
Top Top