Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2013 6:23:12 PM EDT
I went to the Special Invite (friend of friend is an employee) soft opening tonight.  

1)  It's a Cabela's, just smaller.  Don't expect anything ground-breaking.

2)  They had .22 ammo.  A lot of it was purchased, and they have one box of 100/ two boxes of 50 limit.  I imagine they will re-stock before the regular opening.

3)  They had a decent selection of primers and powder, though the bullet selection was limited.

4)  The gun counter is a about 1/3 the length of the one in Buda or Fort Worth.

5)  Saw a sign in the ammo area that said they price match.  That'll come in handy since they carry some of the same ammo as Academy and Wal-Mart.  Ammo was generally high compared to Wal-Mart and Academy.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:28:49 PM EDT
[#1]
The grand opening ad was unimpressive.

I'm going Tue on a special invite. Looking for reloading stuff, and some 22's. I'd like some 300 blk, but they don't carry it online, so probably none in store.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:16:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Stumbled onto a Cabelas opening in Denver about a month ago.  Little baby Cabala's.  Way less than 1/4 the size of the Ft Worth store.  It was way focused on clothing, with a touch of camping.  Almost nothing in the way of guns and ammo.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:18:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The grand opening ad was unimpressive.
I'm going Tue on a special invite. Looking for reloading stuff, and some 22's. I'd like some 300 blk, but they don't carry it online, so probably none in store.
View Quote
I completely forgot to look for 300 BLK, and I need some.  

ETA:  If your special invite says anything about "employee pricing," it's 20% off.  It even worked on primers.  I didn't buy ammo, so I don't know if the discount is the same.

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:55:33 AM EDT
[#4]

OP, Thanks for the update.  We are getting an Outpost here in Lubbock, next summer.  Good to know what to expect.

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 11:36:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Went over there today with a friend. He got a Cabela's card, so I $10 on my card. Wasn't a whole lot I was interested in, bought a can of Unique since you can use it on just about anything. Primers were $39.99, so decided to wait. Academy has them for $35. They price match local stores, but you need an ad to show them. Got some CCI 22lr standard velocity to use when I get my suppressor in.  

Picked up a face cover for use on my m/c.

When I went to check out I got to use the $25 credit that you get when you get a card, so good experience for me & my buddy.

Got that free hat too.

Some good looking sales help too!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top