Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2006 12:52:09 PM EDT
Hi, I hope i am not breaking any rules by posting this but i thought it would help us gun owners here in the good ol county of Cabarrus.

As most of you know there is someone running against Brad Riley for sheriff this election coming up and believe me he will not let you down on any thing gun/hunting/outdoor related as well as other important areas where all of our rights matter.

his name is:  John Brafford

I can say that he is the best man for the job because i know him well. He is EXTREMELY PRO GUN!  He also likes to get involved in the community and loves to make a difference when it comes to lowering crime rates in the community.

Brad Riley has done nothing since taking office but set around and draw a paycheck. He is more of a politician more than a sheriff/law officer as to where John is right the opposite, he is all law enforcement and not as much of a politician.

now don't get me wrong, i do like Riley as a person as he is a very nice guy, but he does not have his priorities in order. I have known Riley for years as well and i can tell you between the two, Brafford is the one that we need in office. He is an old fashioned type of guy who looks at all matters the RIGHT way. He is along the lines of George Wilhelm(the famous reigning Rowan County sheriff).

when it comes to John(Brafford), in all honesty, you cannot get any more pro gun and pro law abidding citizens than him. He is more pro gun than me and i thought i was the most pro gun in the world.

he is a great guy and is an all around realist to the fullest extent. for those of you who do know him you will back me up on this.

now for something else in the matter, back when Riley won his first term he did so based on family values. well i can say that i know something that is more of the opposite of "family values" when it comes to him. there is some dirt that would put a huge damper in him ever being able to run based on family values again and this particular matter does let me know that he is not the man that should be in office(any office for that matter). i will not go into details about the whole situation but i do believe that it will come out the closer it gets to election time, and if it does, i don't think that anyone will ever look at him as a "family values" man again.

he is a liberal and for the most part does sway a lot further to the left than the right or even the middle.

if John Brafford gets in as sheriff, i can guarantee you all here in this great county(Cabarrus) that you will be proud to have him and will not be dissapointed a bit.

just a good bit of tee totaly HONEST info. from me.

thanks for looking and please, if you live in Cabarrus County and read this then tell everyone that you know that loves guns/hunting/outdoors and fairness in all areas to vote for the right candidate in the upcoming sheriff elections.

camaro
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:30:02 PM EDT
[#1]
A BIG +1 on what Camaro has to say!

I'm an 11 year resident of Cabarrus County.  I've been here thru two sheriff's...Canaday and Riley.  Canaday groomed Riley to be his successor and be just like him.  Very leftist, not too hip on gun owners, and a piss poor LEO.

Canaday sailed the public down the river on the issue of letting us have access to the Sheriff's Office range facilities AFTER he secured the public money to build it.  Riley has done the same thing with the soon to be added 500-600 yard rifle range.

I have many contacts and friends at the CCSO...most are ready for a changing of the guard.  John Bradford is the man for this job.  His LEO background started him in Huntersville but he returned home to Cabarrus County 5 years ago.  He is pro gun, very pro gun.  He has old guard ideas about law enforcement, but knows that certain aspects must be changed to meet the present day.  He is a man that will set this county back on the right track.

For all of you who live in Cabarrus County and have always wanted an NFA item, this is the man you need to vote for.  He is our only hope for NFA weapons in our county.

As for the little secret about "family values", I'm right there with you Camaro.  When it gets out, his family values bullshit is out the window.  I think the secret will embarrass him beyond belief.

Cabarrus County residents, this is your only hope for your gun rights!  Cast your vote for John Bradford in the upcoming election.

DL3
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:19:06 AM EDT
[#2]
So what is Bradford's stand on Suppressors? Or NFA items in general? I know Riley's position and it's not a good one.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:45:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Brafford is a LOT more pro gun and that is all i will say about the NFA things right now.

so take that as it may be, pending your background is clean i think you would have a lot more chance for NFA more so than with Riley in office.

camaro
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:57:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I would say your chances will go from the current 0% to 50-50.  Thats a hell of a lot better than the odds we've been handed over the last 20 years in this County.  I'm pretty sure the CLEO sign-off won't be handed out like candy, but I have the feeling most of us will get approved
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:30:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Just to set the record straight, the name is John Brafford.

Link

I had a chance to meet and talk with Braffords' brother lsat week.  He runs a small shop in Concord called Tactical Edge.  Brafford appears to be very pro-gun, and promises to work hard for gun owners in Cabarrus County.

As a 40+ year resident of Cabarrus county, I will be giving him my vote!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top