Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 2/16/2006 2:07:32 AM EDT
See items 6, 15, 17.

Public Safety and Security Committee AGENDA Thursday, February 16, 2006 11:00 AM in Room 1E

I. CONVENE MEETING

II. REMARKS BY THE CHAIRS

III. CONCEPTS TO BE RAISED

1. AAC Creation of a Violent Offender Registry

2. AAC Mandatory Autopsy Before Cremation in Event of Unexpected Death

3. An Act Requiring Real-time Transfer of Uninsured Driver Information to the COLLECT System

4. AAC Identity Theft Through the Use of Unauthorized Access Devices

5. AAC Abusive Use of the 9-1-1 System

6. An Act Prohibiting the Sale, Manufacture, Possession of Designer-Colored Ceramic-Coated Firearms (?????)

7. AAC Simulcast Facilities

8. An Act Eliminating Mandatory Police Reports for One-Car Accidents with No Personal Injury

9. AAC Requiring Criminal History Records Checks for Lottery Sales Agent Applicants

10. AAC the Registration of Bingo Product Manufacturers and Dealers

11. AAC the Registration of Sealed Ticket Dispensing Machine Manufacturers and Dealers

12. An Act Allowing Sheet Ticket Sales for Teacup Raffles

13. AAC Certain Licenses of the Gaming Policy Board and the Division of Special Revenue

14. AAC Low-Stakes Cash Prizes for Raffles

15. An Act Requiring Additional Information in Pistol Permit Applications (Board of Firearms Permit Examiners submission)

16. An Act Strengthening Building Codes Requiring Fencing Around Swimming Pools

IV. PROPOSED BILLS TO BE RESERVED FOR SUBJECT MATTER PUBLIC HEARING

15. Proposed S.B. No. 100 AN ACT CONCERNING LOTTERY SALES AGENTS' COMMISSIONS.

16. H.B. No. 5047 AN ACT ESTABLISHING THE URBAN VIOLENCE REDUCTION GRANT PROGRAM.

17. Proposed H.B. No. 5116 AN ACT APPROPRIATING FUNDS FOR A FIREARMS TRAFFICKING TASK FORCE. (!!!!!)

V. ANNOUNCEMENT OF TIME AND DATE OF NEXT MEETING

VI. ADJOURNMENT
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:09:04 AM EDT

# 6 WTF is a "designer color" "ceramic coated"gun?

#15 WHAT NEW INFORMATION do they want on a pistol permit application??
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:12:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By steveinct:
# 6 WTF is a "designer color" "ceramic coated"gun?

When Designer-Colored Ceramic-Coated Firearms are outlawed, only outlaws will have Designer-Colored Ceramic-Coated Firearms.

Wow. That's pretty screwed up. I didn't realize this was an issue ... or even an option.

#15 WHAT NEW INFORMATION do they want on a pistol permit application??

Haven't heard anything about this yet.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:26:28 AM EDT
"6. An Act Prohibiting the Sale, Manufacture, Possession of Designer-Colored Ceramic-Coated Firearms"

This makes abosultely no sense at all. What in the world would cause them to want to outlaw "of Designer-Colored Ceramic-Coated Firearms". If anything these firearms are more distinctive and obviously prized to the owner, but nothing more. I mean if for some reason a "Designer-Colored Ceramic-Coated Firearm" was used in a crime (which I guess is their fear somehow); who the hell is going to forget a purple pistol?!?!?!? I know what it is, if you color your gun it will affect your thoughts and emotions. Ooohh your pistol is fire engine red, that will
incite rage and cause you to murder someone.

15. An Act Requiring Additional Information in Pistol Permit Applications (Board of Firearms Permit Examiners submission)

I already had to practically get a rectal exam to get my pistol permit, what more do they want?

"Do you like firearms? How many firearms do you own? Do you go shooting? Would you ever shoot anyone?"

Morons
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:40:23 AM EDT
Tag.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:15:33 PM EDT
Come on guys... we all know ceramic coating makes them invisible at the airports!

Just like the Glock7 in the movies.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:33:11 PM EDT
Uhh, can someone give me some examples of "ceramic coating"?

I'm lost...

- BG
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:35:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BUCC_Guy:
Uhh, can someone give me some examples of "ceramic coating"?

I'm lost...

- BG

Google says:

Your search - Designer-Colored Ceramic-Coated Firearms - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:
Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
Try different keywords.
Try more general keywords.
Try fewer keywords.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:44:56 PM EDT
Some kind of aftermarket finish in different colors than stainless, blued or black. Some finishes are Duracoat, GunKote, etc,
I have a Kel-Tec P3AT with a OD green slide done by CCR Refinishing. Here is their samples page and that purple pistol I was ranting about :www.ccr-refinishing.com/sample.htm
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:38:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By pjmaxm:
"6. An Act Prohibiting the Sale, Manufacture, Possession of Designer-Colored Ceramic-Coated Firearms"

This makes abosultely no sense at all. What in the world would cause them to want to outlaw "of Designer-Colored Ceramic-Coated Firearms". If anything these firearms are more distinctive and obviously prized to the owner, but nothing more. I mean if for some reason a "Designer-Colored Ceramic-Coated Firearm" was used in a crime (which I guess is their fear somehow); who the hell is going to forget a purple pistol?!?!?!? I know what it is, if you color your gun it will affect your thoughts and emotions. Ooohh your pistol is fire engine red, that will
incite rage and cause you to murder someone.

I already had to practically get a rectal exam to get my pistol permit, what more do they want?

"Do you like firearms? How many firearms do you own? Do you go shooting? Would you ever shoot anyone?"

Morons

Applying a little anti-gunner logic and way of thinking..

If a criminal/gang-banger was carrying a gun that was ceramic colored say in fuschia, lime green, paisly print, etc... a police officer might assume that it's a toy gun and not take the threat seriously.

Or....

A child might find it and think it's a toy and gun down his siblings and or himself.

Stupid? Yes, but that's the way anti-gun asshats see things.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:35:44 PM EDT
You make a good point, never thought of it from that perspective. You are right that is stupid, but did we ever say that anti-gunners were smart or possesed logically thinking?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:51:35 PM EDT
nope it to keep the gay's who are democrats from finding out guns arn't evil , Haven't you guy's ever heard of the Pink Pistols, DUH!!!!!

<sarchasm off>
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:59:00 AM EDT
could they also be talking about the different camo finishes you can get on alot of shotguns?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:08:24 PM EDT
So Duracoat and those types of finishes are covered by this?

You have GOT to be kidding me. Do I have to have my Duracoated 1911 certified as preban after this?

Christ, don't these wankers have anything better to do with their time?

- BG
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:23:21 AM EDT
i just got the latest e-mail from Bob Crook at CCS. There is a Public Safety Committee Public Hearing
on Thursday this week.

However, this item banning "designer color" guns is NOT on the agenda. The only item Bob bold typed
was an act to ban/limit stun guns"electronic defense weapons"

That does NOT mean we are out of the woods. The legislature is in regular session until June.

We need to watch: Public Safety, Judiciary and Environment committees. Those are the three committees gun bills come from (although, they are supposed to come from only the Public Safety Committee) Some hunting bills come from Env. and the AW ban came from Jud.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:24:11 AM EDT
To review a bills content go to the CCS website http://www.ctsportsmen.com/ under Legislation - Other bills or http://www.cga.ct.gov/

PUBLIC SAFETY AND SECURITY COMMITTEE

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2006

The Public Safety and Security Committee will hold a public hearing on Thursday, February 23, 2006 at 11: 00 A. M. in Room 2E of the LOB. Please submit 40 copies of written testimony to Committee staff one hour prior to the start of the hearing in Room 2E of the LOB. Sign-up for the hearing will begin at 10: 00 A. M. in Room 2E of the LOB. The first hour of the hearing is reserved for legislators, elected officials and state agency representatives. Speakers will be limited to 3 minutes of testimony. Unofficial sign-up sheets have no standing with the Committee.

S. B. No. 71 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING THE DISCLOSURE OF SENSITIVE RECORDS.

S. B. No. 72 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING THE USE OF EMERGENCY PERSONNEL BICYCLES WITH AUDIBLE WARNING DEVICES.

S. B. No. 73 (RAISED) AN ACT PROVIDING AN EXEMPTION FROM STRICT LIABILITY FOR POLICE DOGS.

S. B. No. 74 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING THE REGULATION OF AMUSEMENT RIDES.

S. B. No. 105 (RAISED) AN ACT PROHIBITING THE SALE OF ELECTRONIC DEFENSE WEAPONS.

S. B. No. 106 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTORS IN RENTAL HOUSING.

S. B. No. 107 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING BENEFITS FOR SURVIVING SPOUSES OF PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICERS.

S. B. No. 108 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING GENERATORS IN SCHOOLS.

S. B. No. 109 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING MULTILINE TELEPHONE SYSTEMS AND ENHANCED 9-1-1.

S. B. No. 110 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING AN EMERGENCY PROTOCOL.

S. B. No. 111 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING FUNDING FOR CHRONIC GAMBLERS TREATMENT.

S. B. No. 112 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING A LOTTERY STUDY.

S. B. No. 168 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING THE INTERAGENCY TASK FORCE ON TRAFFICKING IN PERSONS.

H. B. No. 5083 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING THE MEMBERSHIP OF THE STATE-WIDE SECURITY MANAGEMENT COUNCIL.

H. B. No. 5084 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING THE PHOTOGRAPHIC IMAGE REQUIREMENT ON STANDARD IDENTIFICATION CARDS.

H. B. No. 5085 (RAISED) AN ACT DEFINING "EMERGENCY" AND "MAJOR DISASTER".

H. B. No. 5121 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING THE LICENSING AND TRAINING OF PRIVATE DETECTIVES AND SECURITY PERSONNEL.

H. B. No. 5122 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING THE EMPLOYMENT OF CONVICTED FELONS.

H. B. No. 5123 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING SPARKLERS.

H. B. No. 5124 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING THE APPLICABILITY OF ERASURE STATUTES TO PEACE OFFICERS.

H. B. No. 5125 (RAISED) AN ACT ESTABLISHING A FIREFIGHTER TRAINING TASK FORCE.

H. B. No. 5126 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING CRIMINAL HISTORY RECORDS CHECKS.

H. B. No. 5127 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING THE REGULATION OF BOXING AND WRESTLING.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:44:11 AM EDT
IT's BACK.... as SB 304
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:54:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By steveinct:
IT's BACK.... as SB 304

This is idiotic...

Referred to Committee on Public Safety and Security
Introduced by:
(PS)
AN ACT CONCERNING COLORED HANDGUNS.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General
Assembly convened:
Section 1. (NEW) (Effective October 1, 2006) (a) No person shall 1
manufacture, distribute, transport or import into the state, possess, 2
offer or expose for sale or give away any handgun that is coated with a 3
color other than chrome, military camel, black, gray or nickel. 4
(b) The provisions of subsection (a) of this section shall not apply to 5
handguns used by the Department of Public Safety, police 6
departments, the Department of Correction or the military or naval 7
forces of this state or of the United States in the discharge of their 8
official duties. 9
This act shall take effect as follows and shall amend the following
sections:
Section 1 October 1, 2006 New section
Statement of Purpose:
To ban the possession, manufacture or sale of handguns that are
coated with various colors.

Link... PDF file

Note... possession is prohibited and there's no grandfather clause for "colored" handguns already in the state. It also doesn't mention ceramic coated specifically... just "coated with a color other than chrome, military camel, black, gray or nickel". That could be taken to mean any electroplating or chemical process such as gold or a bright blueing finish. What about handguns that come from the factory in OD?
Top Top