Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2014 9:57:07 PM EDT
Just received another warning that a message was found in the student union threatening a shooting at dark, prompting me to call it an early night on my midterm studies. Btw this is the second threat the school has received within a few weeks, and last semester multiple fake pipe bombs were found on campus as well. I hate this shit, the odds of some loser actually doing it is slim, but now it's constantly in the back of my mind.

I need to hurry up and get my 16hr ccw class done and get my permit.

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 12:08:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Seems to be going around. They closed my daughters school again due to vague threats on some web site I've never even heard of called YikYak or something like that.

Starting to get really annoying.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 12:23:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I hate this shit, the odds of some loser actually doing it is slim, but now it's constantly in the back of my mind.
View Quote

It's called terrorism.  You are a victim.

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 1:29:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 2:22:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just received another warning that a message was found in the student union threatening a shooting at dark, prompting me to call it an early night on my midterm studies. Btw this is the second threat the school has received within a few weeks, and last semester multiple fake pipe bombs were found on campus as well. I hate this shit, the odds of some loser actually doing it is slim, but now it's constantly in the back of my mind.

View Quote

Just curious, CSUS (Sac State) or CSUS (Stanislaus state)?
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 2:30:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sac State
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:08:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Sac State is unofficially ccw-friendly, or so I've heard. I'm going to be transferring within a year if my studies at the local community college go well.

If you're to the west of the city, Gun Authority in Rancho Cordova has been doing the Sac CCW classes every other week, Sat and Sun. They are good people.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:38:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sac State is unofficially ccw-friendly, or so I've heard. I'm going to be transferring within a year if my studies at the local community college go well.

If you're to the west of the city, Gun Authority in Rancho Cordova has been doing the Sac CCW classes every other week, Sat and Sun. They are good people.  
View Quote

If you head west out of Sacramento, it's gonna be a really long trip to Rancho Cordova

Tom
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:15:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have a few friends who carry at school and the campus police department is fine with it if you tell them. I'm sure it will eventually come to light and the liberals will freak out over it, so for now it's best kept quite. What are you looking to transfer for? Although the work load definitely goes up when you get here, I feel the work was much easier when I got here over the JC. Mostly cause everything you do in your major will be related, so work in one class carries to the next etc. I only have one semester left and I'm making more as an intern than I ever have, definitely worth it so good luck with your studies!

As for training I'm hoping to find a place that will do it during weekdays as my weekends are pretty busy normally, but I will keep them in mind. Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:39:51 AM EDT
[#9]
What a bunch of youngsters. CSUF aka Fresno State '78 here.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 8:00:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Real youngsters

When I was at USC in the early 70's.  Bomb threats were a regularly scheduled occurrence on Fridays for several buildings.  The Professor would come in, and announce,"  There has been a bomb threat made for this building.  You may leave if you want and take a ZERO on the exam.  Anybody need a bluebook or pen?  The exam starts now."

In Navy ROTC, one of the uniforms, we jokingly called LAPD Blues, was dropped from regular use.  Seems several mids had shots fired at them when walking home at night wearing them.  (White officers cap over black wool shirt and black trousers.)

It was also not uncommon to actually try to blow up ROTC facilities.

Schools ain't got no guts these days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top