Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2005 3:44:54 PM EDT
Anyone read the CRPA newsletter from a couple of weeks ago?  It contains a series of three letters exchanged between the Sacramento Valley Shooting Center, Dan Lockyear at DOJ and then the CRPA President.  

You really should read these letters.  It did my heart some good to have people in California finally standing up to the idiots in the legislature (and the DOJ).

In the end, the microstamping of ammunition is ridiculous!  I'm sending letters to Schwartzenegger requesting he veto the bill if it comes before him.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:45:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Writing letters to the Calif AG Bill Lockyer is a complete waste of time and money.  A bunch of complete poltiical neophytes.  Lockyer is guy is 110% anti-gun to the core.  What these guys should do work for pro-gun candidates.

As a matter of fact CRPA is a complete waste of time and money.  In the 10 years that I've been doing the 2nd Amend stuff, I haven't seen any of the people from CRPA's executive comittee at ANY of the grass roots meeting and rallies, outside of their annual dinner in January.  I don't even know how the executive leadership of the CRPA is choosen.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:54:44 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
As a matter of fact CRPA is a complete waste of time and money.  In the 10 years that I've been doing the 2nd Amend stuff, I haven't seen any of the people from CRPA's executive comittee at ANY of the grass roots meeting and rallies, outside of their annual dinner in January.  I don't even know how the executive leadership of the CRPA is choosen.

Why do you want to see the CRPA leadership at your rallies?  Who will that impress?

The CRPA publishes the Firing Line, which keeps California gun owners informed on legislative and other activities.  This is a lot more than the NRA does, and by itself is worthy of the support of California gun owners, regardless of who runs it.

Also, the Firing Line's letters section is clearly an important outlet for some of the nuttiest people in the state, and I'm convinced that lives are being saved by giving many of them a place to vent.

Anyone reading this who is not already a member should join the CRPA today:  www.crpa.org/
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 7:52:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why do you want to see the CRPA leadership at your rallies?  Who will that impress?

The CRPA publishes the Firing Line, which keeps California gun owners informed on legislative and other activities.  This is a lot more than the NRA does, and by itself is worthy of the support of California gun owners, regardless of who runs it.

Also, the Firing Line's letters section is clearly an important outlet for some of the nuttiest people in the state, and I'm convinced that lives are being saved by giving many of them a place to vent.

Anyone reading this who is not already a member should join the CRPA today:  www.crpa.org/

Well, tell me how are the excutive ranks are filled, I've been a member for 20 years now. And not once was I asked to vote on anything.  All of the ranting by the rank & file in the Firing Line doesn't make any difference to me because they are preaching to the choir.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 12:51:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Well, tell me how are the excutive ranks are filled,

I have no idea.  But a couple years ago I needed something from the CRPA, so I called their offices in Fullerton and was put through to the chairman.

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:40:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well, tell me how are the excutive ranks are filled,

I have no idea.  But a couple years ago I needed something from the CRPA, so I called their offices in Fullerton and was put through to the chairman.

I think they only have 2-3 people in the whole office.  I went down to the place befroe they move to Fullerton  awhile back.  But my point is they don't make it a practice of telling the membership how these people are elected, they just want to keep their own cronies in power.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top