Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2005 4:08:44 PM EDT
Hi Guys,
I'm going to get my cpl as soon as I can but have a few questions. I looked in the gun laws thread but didn't find the info I'm looking for.

1. Do I have to take a course to qualify for a CPL?
2.Who do I contact to get a CPL, courthouse, sheriff's office or police station?
3. Does my CPL waive the waiting peroid for buying guns?(I've read some say yes and some say no, but what is the law?)
4. What's the best way to carry a S&W model 10 .38 special with a 4" barrel, concealed?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:13:48 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hi Guys,
I'm going to get my cpl as soon as I can but have a few questions. I looked in the gun laws thread but didn't find the info I'm looking for.

1. Do I have to take a course to qualify for a CPL? No
2.Who do I contact to get a CPL, courthouse, sheriff's office or police station? You must apply for the license at your local police department or sheriff's office.
3. Does my CPL waive the waiting peroid for buying guns?(I've read some say yes and some say no, but what is the law?) Yes
4. What's the best way to carry a S&W model 10 .38 special with a 4" barrel, concealed? Kramer Leather Thomas Perfectionist IWB

Kramer Leather Thomas Perfectionist

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:16:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you! Now I'm off to apply for my CPL. I'm a happy camper.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:23:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I came from Kaliforniastan where having a CPL is impossible to obtain.  As soon as I moved up here and I found out that they were obtainable here I ran right out and got me one.  I have had it ever since.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:19:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Pick up a copy of this.

Painless process, but you may want to get the permit laminated.

Check here for all things CPL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top