Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 6/1/2008 8:00:59 AM EST
I am looking to get the CLEO sign-off on NFA paperwork for a SBR and maybe a suppressor.

Has anyone gone through the process to get the signature in Nashville/Davidson Co.?

Where did you take the paperwork? Any problems/resistance from the CLEO?
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 12:45:41 PM EST
Cheif Serpas does sign off on NFA paperwork. Call the Cheif's office. They will tell you to drop it off at the CJC. They run a background check and in a week to 10 days they cll you to come pick it up.

Pmc
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 5:28:01 PM EST
Yes, Chief Serpas will sign off on your forms. I always drop mine off with a self address stamped envelope and within a week I get them back. I have never had any problems.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 7:35:57 PM EST
Thanks for the responses.

I am glad Chief Serpas is NFA friendly. I will give his office a call when I am ready with the forms.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 2:08:16 PM EST

Originally Posted By Reservoir_Dog:

I am glad Chief Serpas is NFA friendly.

He's not, but he's bound by TN law to sign off as long as the buyer is legal.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 2:19:23 PM EST
Seems like I remember that there are some CLEOs in the Nashville area that refuse to sign NFA paperwork, regardless of the law. Maybe Murfreesboro....I think, and another that escapes me. It's unfortunate.

I guess as long as Serpas signs off, he is friendly enough for me.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:02:11 AM EST
where do you guys get the engraving done?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:31:49 PM EST

Originally Posted By Reservoir_Dog:
Seems like I remember that there are some CLEOs in the Nashville area that refuse to sign NFA paperwork, regardless of the law. Maybe Murfreesboro....I think, and another that escapes me. It's unfortunate.

I guess as long as Serpas signs off, he is friendly enough for me.

The only dept I have heard of is M'Boro PD won't, but everyone just goes through the sheriff's office instead so no biggie.

As far as engraving goes, anybody local can holler at me. I have a guy that will do them.
Top Top