Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2011 7:06:18 AM EDT
Anyone have any info about carrying at this performance? It's in a big tent in the parking area of the Dr. Pepper arena - tried finding information on their (cirque de soleil's) website, but nothing about the current show.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:48:34 PM EDT
[#1]
The last event was @ D.P. Arena which has SOME entrances posted 30.06 but the entire complex is owned by the city of Frisco (thus it is null and void)

The event itself had no signs posted at the main entrance for the show. Even if they post @ the tent area you are good to go. IIRC when they had the tent up for Corteo (@ fair park) there were no postings as well.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:34:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't believe they allow guns inside due to high probability of suicide.......
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:02:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw the show in Boston and enjoyed it . . .. . . Dont know about your  30.06 question
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:32:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I was at the Frisco Dr. Pepper StarCenter tonight for a hockey game.  Their entrance door indeed does have a 30.06 sign in black letters on the glass.  This is definitely not contrasting colors as spelled out in the law (I'm no lawyer though).
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:41:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Went to the show tonite (show started before first reply ). No 30.06 posted at Cirque, no wanding. Didn't carry tho as the family was running late and I didn't know if I would have time to run back out to the truck if there were issues.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:56:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I was at the Frisco Dr. Pepper StarCenter tonight for a hockey game.  Their entrance door indeed does have a 30.06 sign in black letters on the glass.  This is definitely not contrasting colors as spelled out in the law (I'm no lawyer though).

I don't believe that has been tested in court, but it is a dangerous preumption to risk your freedom over, IMO.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:12:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't believe that has been tested in court, but it is a dangerous preumption to risk your freedom over, IMO.

It is still owned by a municipality ;)

Sporting event rules for professional/scholastic would still apply I guess.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:56:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I missed that Dr Pepper center is city owned.  You are right, statutory restrictions apply nonetheless.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:24:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good point but Cirque de Sol would not be a sporting event.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top