Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2006 7:58:04 AM EDT
How long after you get your letter from DPS should I have to wait for my CHL license?

I took the course just after the hurricane when I moved here. I go back to the motherland quite often. And after my good friends told me how they handled a "looter" that "tried" to break in his gas station.

Lets just say I got my Texas Drivers License and signed up, very quickly.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:35:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Usually takes the almost the full 90 days or what ever the waiting period is. The CHL division is staffed by three people I have heard so things don't move at warp speed. I've also heard it's best not to call and bug them about it either.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:08:46 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
How long after you get your letter from DPS should I have to wait for my CHL license?

I took the course just after the hurricane when I moved here. I go back to the motherland quite often. And after my good friends told me how they handled a "looter" that "tried" to break in his gas station.

Lets just say I got my Texas Drivers License and signed up, very quickly.

DPS has 60 days from the date they receive a competed application. They are understaffed.  When did they receive your application?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:35:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Feb. 2
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:18:44 PM EDT
[#4]
took mine a year and a half  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:25:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine took about 30 days, I must have hit them when they weren't that busy. This was a couple years ago though, nowadays they seem to be taking their time.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:14:21 PM EDT
[#6]
6-7 weeks from when I sent it in

Invisiblesoul
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:39:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I dont know why I got mine...................a month later after receiving my CHL they passed the "traveling while carrying law" into effect..........
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:46:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Mine took 7 weeks. That was 2 yrs. ago so??
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:47:14 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I dont know why I got mine...................a month later after receiving my CHL they passed the "traveling while carrying law" into effect..........

**sigh**   It is not a law.  Traveling has always been an exception to UCW, just like having your CHL.  WHat they passed was a presumption of traveling.  If you meet all 5 of the requirements of the presumption you are "presumed" to be traveling.  

It does not cover you out of your vehicle.  

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:15:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Mine was about 90 days total.  It was almost exactly 60 days from when I received the letter to when the internet site said it was complete.  It came in the mail a few days later.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:18:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:21:06 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

**sigh**   It is not a law.  Traveling has always been an exception to UCW, just like having your CHL.  WHat they passed was a presumption of traveling.  If you meet all 5 of the requirements of the presumption you are "presumed" to be traveling.  

It's also a good way to become a test case.  Anybody have the links to the Harris County DA's statements on the matter?

No thanks.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:11:54 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's also a good way to become a test case.  Anybody have the links to the Harris County DA's statements on the matter?

No thanks.

yeah the DA stated you would probably beat the wrap but not the ride.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top