Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/6/2006 2:16:37 PM EDT
Can you conceal carry at Houston Rodeo?
Are they 51%>?
Is it posted?

Thanks, need to know asap, going to see REK tonight!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:33:57 PM EDT
No. You cannot carry to a professional sporting event.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:06:45 PM EDT
signs everywhere said no, but there are no metal detectors
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:38:45 PM EDT
I understand the sporting event, but what about the concert part... once the rodeo is over?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:16:02 AM EDT
Is the Rodeo legally considered to be an actual sproting event? The rodeo itself is a charity event.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:32:43 AM EDT
Even if it wasn't a "sporting event" then I doubt you would get in to the arena anyways. Even on football games I would go through their gates and get patted down even after I showed police badge and ID. Of course they didn't stop me from going in but I'd guess for CHL holders it might be different.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:03:52 AM EDT
There are no legal sign postings anywhere on the grounds, and as far a the rodeo in the arena, no pat downs, checks or metal dectectors of any kind. I dont suggest illegal carrying of any kind, but the status at reliant stadium during the rodeo is still in question.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:00:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/7/2006 11:01:48 AM EDT by MuRDoC]

Originally Posted By jsobertx:
There are no legal sign postings anywhere on the grounds, and as far a the rodeo in the arena, no pat downs, checks or metal dectectors of any kind. I dont suggest illegal carrying of any kind, but the status at reliant stadium during the rodeo is still in question.

I saw them there last night(big sign with gun with the circle and slash thru it and writing underneith), and I didn't get checked or a pat down
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:29:11 PM EDT
No pat downs, no metal detectors and while all the stuff going on in the convention centers are for charity, the events in the stadium ie: the rodeo part, is a professional sporting event. They are compteting for cash prizes they keep. Good luck telling a judge and jurry that doesn't count as a professional sporting event.

The way I read it is the stadium events are a no no, but the carnival and the livestock show are ok. Also in the astrodome there is a party/bar called the Hideout. It is not posted but would qualify as a 51% establishment because it serves alcohol and nothing else in the dome.

Take it for what its worth.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:42:21 AM EDT
I was there last night, saw 30.06 signs posted at the on-site parking booth when you pull in.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:28:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Powergen:
I was there last night, saw 30.06 signs posted at the on-site parking booth when you pull in.

see I told you, I was drunk when I left not when I got there
Top Top