Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2006 2:16:37 PM EDT
Can you conceal carry at Houston Rodeo?
Are they 51%>?
Is it posted?

Thanks, need to know asap, going to see REK tonight!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:33:57 PM EDT
[#1]
No. You cannot carry to a professional sporting event.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:06:45 PM EDT
[#2]
signs everywhere said no, but there are no metal detectors
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:38:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I understand the sporting event, but what about the concert part... once the rodeo is over?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:16:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Is the Rodeo legally considered to be an actual sproting event? The rodeo itself is a charity event.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:32:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Even if it wasn't a "sporting event" then I doubt you would get in to the arena anyways.  Even on football games I would go through their gates and get patted down even after I showed police badge and ID.  Of course they didn't stop me from going in but I'd guess for CHL holders it might be different.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:03:52 AM EDT
[#6]
There are no legal sign postings anywhere on the grounds, and as far a the rodeo in the arena, no pat downs, checks or metal dectectors of any kind. I dont suggest illegal carrying of any kind, but the status at reliant stadium during the rodeo is still in question.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:00:53 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
There are no legal sign postings anywhere on the grounds, and as far a the rodeo in the arena, no pat downs, checks or metal dectectors of any kind. I dont suggest illegal carrying of any kind, but the status at reliant stadium during the rodeo is still in question.

I saw them there last night(big sign with gun with the circle and slash thru it and writing underneith), and I didn't get checked or a pat down
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:29:11 PM EDT
[#8]
No pat downs, no metal detectors and while all the stuff going on in the convention centers are for charity, the events in the stadium ie: the rodeo part, is a professional sporting event.  They are compteting for cash prizes they keep.  Good luck telling a judge and jurry that doesn't count as a professional sporting event.  

The way I read it is the stadium events are a no no, but the carnival and the livestock show are ok.  Also in the astrodome there is a party/bar called the Hideout.  It is not posted but would qualify as a 51% establishment because it serves alcohol and nothing else in the dome.

Take it for what its worth.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:42:21 AM EDT
[#9]
I was there last night, saw 30.06 signs posted at the on-site parking booth when you pull in.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:28:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I was there last night, saw 30.06 signs posted at the on-site parking booth when you pull in.

see I told you, I was drunk when I left not when I got there
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top