Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/15/2008 9:40:14 PM EDT
Are the older Century Cetme rifles able to be made NY compliant?
And if so, how does one tell if they are old enough, The receivers that is...
thanks,
endless
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 1:22:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Cetme's with the standard comp. are fine in NY.
Sold mine a few months back,as the price of ammo
made it no longer fun.
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 4:27:06 AM EDT
[#2]
With a Cetme you want to make sure before you purchase one that the bolt surface has not been ground and that the bolt gap falls between .005-019 using a set of spark plug feeler guages. If the bolt gap is close to the minimum you can install + size rollers to increase the gap. Sometimes they had already installed the maximum size or made some out of spec large ones to compensate for a rifle sold with very used parts. When I bought mine new I installed a new carrier, bolt head and +4 rollers and still could only get a bolt gap of .007. It had been so poorly assembled it was too far out of spec even with new parts installed. The barrel can be repressed if your adept at that kind of thing or you can find a gunsmith who works on them and have it done. Back when I had mine it was around $200 to have it done. They are a lot of fun at a reasonable price but more so than any other firearm  you need to check it out before you buy one.
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 6:19:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Also, the CETME with the stainless receivers were the most sought after, as they were closer to spec.
Mine came with NO muzzle device as it also had a green mountain barrel (US made)
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 4:11:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Stick with a FAL
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 4:08:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Stick with a FAL

I'm trying to!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top