Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2006 6:28:58 AM EDT
 Add CDNN to the list of companies that wont ship unmakred/preban hi-caps to us in New York.  The great deal on used German HK94 mags seemed too good to be true
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:46:17 AM EDT
[#1]
bastards.
herthanks for the heads up, they wont see a dime from me.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:05:54 AM EDT
[#2]
This is nothing new...I posted over on the general boards and here in the hometown about CDNN, Cheaper than Dirt and a few others months back. We started a board war with one of the texas boys... seems he has ties to one of the companies..
This is utter BULLSHIT!!!!
There is NO reason for these companies NOT to send pre-ban mags here.

My suggestion is , if you want the mags badly enough, and cannot find an alternative source, have them shipped to grandma's or uncle fesus  out of state, have them slap another label on it and send it here.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:43:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank our Atty General.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:06:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thank our Atty General.

Better buy now, becasue when Spitzer becomes Govenor, no one will be selling anything to New Yorkers.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:23:26 PM EDT
[#5]
What the h*** is a CDNN?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:26:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What the h*** is a CDNN?

CDNN
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:49:08 PM EDT
[#7]
This is something I never understood... (well actually I never understood the ridiculous laws that our state passed, but thats another story), if the stupid laws we have do allow us to posess the pre-ban mags, why do these companies refuse to ship them here?  I mean, what is their responsibility in all of this anyway? How could it be possible for someone to break NY law by selling something from Texas even if the preban mags were illegal?

ETA: I do know of one website that will ship NIW Preban 30 rounders to NY if anyone is interested. Not sure if it would be some kind of violation to just post the info here.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:08:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I inquired about this over a year ago with CDNN.  It seems that since the federal AWB ended, they don't keep track of pre or post-94 manufacture dates.  They may have unmarked post 2004 mags mixed in with pre-94 mags, thus can't take the chance of sending an unmarked new mag to a New Yorker.  

The part I didn't get a logical explanation for was why they no longer sell ANY handguns, regardless of capacity, to New York.  That one I still don't get.  Even if the max capacity of say, a .45 handgun, is 7 rounds... they still won't sell to NY since the end of the federal AWB.  Go figure.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:41:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Can we use pre-ban mags over 10 rounds here in N.Y. ?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:42:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Yes.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:05:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

It depends on where in the state you are. NYC is a whole 'nother planet.

/ml2150/Drew
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:51:42 PM EDT
[#12]
they pulled that shit back in feb 2005 when I ordered the beretta 96 upper for my 92 vertec
I was like "you specifically call these mags preban and preban mags are legal in NY" and they still wouldn't ship the mags. They were the preban asian beretta mags which I've had good luck with and wanted a few more of
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:24:04 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
ETA: I do know of one website that will ship NIW Preban 30 rounders to NY if anyone is interested. Not sure if it would be some kind of violation to just post the info here.

Please tell us.  It's not against the rules to post a heads up. It's actually encouraged.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:09:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:04:32 PM EDT
[#15]
I had a conversation with a FFL Dealer in NY about CDNN. They told me that CDNN will not sell preban mags, preban rifles , or any pistols to New York.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top