Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/7/2005 1:48:35 AM EDT
I know I just need to take a CCW class. I still would like to know about carrying a concealed weapon in a vehicle without a CCW license. I keep hearing conflicting answers and was wondering if anybody has the definate answer. Legal or illegal? Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:59:08 AM EDT
Locked and loaded is fine in the glove box,under the seat, console or any were else you want in the car as long as your over 21 i think, i dont think its 23 like the CCW.

i would be very polite to a offcer of the law if i was doing this if i got pulled over though. Remember they dont know you. they have a hard enough job.

but it is 100% legal state wide. i dont think you can conceal on your person though it must be in the car.

Paging Duke and the others in the know more than me.

Ronald
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:09:40 AM EDT
Yes,

It is legal. You can even have the weapon concealed on your person if you are in your vehicle.

My wife authored the informational brochure for the Missouri State Highway Patrol detailing the DO's and DON'Ts of the new statute.

Your local MSHP troop HQ or public information officer has the brochure available for free distribution.

You can also call the state HQ public information office with questions at (573) 526-6219.

My wife will answer the phone.

PITSNIPE OUT
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:18:24 AM EDT
I go to a range in Mo., and live in Kansas.
Upon leaving the range, I always throw something in the glovebox. The only part that bothers me is that 10-15 minutes of time that elapse between crossing the state line and getting in my drive-way in Overland Park.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:21:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By PITSNIPE:
Yes,

It is legal. You can even have the weapon concealed on your person if you are in your vehicle.

My wife authored the informational brochure for the Missouri State Highway Patrol detailing the DO's and DON'Ts of the new statute.

Your local MSHP troop HQ or public information officer has the brochure available for free distribution.

You can also call the state HQ public information office with questions at (573) 526-6219.

My wife will answer the phone.

PITSNIPE OUT

I will call and ask for a brochure this afternoon. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:41:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BoogerSnax:
Upon leaving the range, I always throw something in the glovebox. The only part that bothers me is that 10-15 minutes of time that elapse between crossing the state line and getting in my drive-way in Overland Park.

Then get on the phone with your asshole lawmakers and get CCW passed. Kansas is the poster child for banning CCW in the first place. This isn't the 19th century anymore.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:52:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By drew5337:

Originally Posted By BoogerSnax:

Then get on the phone with your asshole lawmakers and get CCW passed. Kansas is the poster child for banning CCW in the first place. This isn't the 19th century anymore.

Metropolitan Ks. is the poster child for milque-toast, fake, conservatism.
The well paid cops are there to protect us.
In fact, my state rep. who is a Republican, last year had a gun statement on his website.
His son was robbed at gunpoint a few years ago, and he is of the mind that he is thankful that ANOTHER gun wasn't involved in the incident. Because it could have turned out so much worse....
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:54:38 PM EDT
www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/chapters/chap571.htm

Here's the statute, read it for yourself. A link is posted at the top the the Missouri Hometown forum page if you want to go back to re-read later.
Top Top