Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2003 2:02:14 PM EDT
I am looking for the least expensive authorized training in my area. Anyone know a hungry instructor near Lincoln county?

I can pay in boudin, coon hides, ironwork or grudgingly cash.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 2:16:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Not in Tennessee, but in Huntsville, Alabama. Try Shootrite, they have a website.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 2:34:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks TWIRE. Do you know if TN recognizes an Alabama course?
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 2:46:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey bud,

John Sevier shooting range has two different authourized instructors doing classes and Guncrafters has an indoor range course both in the Knoxville area. Cost for all three is $65.00.

Hope this helps.

Tj

Let me know if you sign up for one of these because my wife, nephew, and I are going to do the same so could possibly hook up.

BTW, I would take you up on the Boudin.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 4:37:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Hey bud,

John Sevier shooting range has two different authourized instructors doing classes and Guncrafters has an indoor range course both in the Knoxville area. Cost for all three is $65.00.

Hope this helps.

Tj

Let me know if you sign up for one of these because my wife, nephew, and I are going to do the same so could possibly hook up.

Looks like einnor1040 found some in the Murfreesburough/Smyrna area. Is that anywhere near you? I am on a huge overtime schedule for the next several weeks but might be able to break loose between Thanksgiving and Christmas for a course. Six weeks without a day off. Nice checks but I haven't seen my house in the daylight for a while.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 5:23:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm thinking about taking classes here.

http://www.therangeinc.com

I can't get my cc for a while but I'd like to take the rest of the handgun classes for experience. I might start with the cc classes Nov 14-15.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 4:05:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey bud,

Hope this helps.

Tj

Looks like einnor1040 found some in the Murfreesburough/Smyrna area. Is that anywhere near you? I am on a huge overtime schedule for the next several weeks but might be able to break loose between Thanksgiving and Christmas for a course. Six weeks without a day off. Nice checks but I haven't seen my house in the daylight for a while.

It's about a two hour drive which is no biggie.  Most of the classes here are a Saturday and just one day.  Let me know if you get some timing and I will do the same on my end.  I'll call today for when the next class is at Guncrafters.

Tj
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 7:46:13 AM EDT
[#7]
On target in Murfreesboro, on N. Thompson lane (I 24, exit 78 B turn left at first light will be on left about 1 mile) offers courses and they are an excellent range.  The staff is mostly retired LEO and military and they know what they are doing.  Also, If you are willing to go a little farther to Joelton, there is also a course offered at ASP (Academy of Self Protection).  The staff at ASP is also extremely well Qualified.  I am sure there are classes available in Fayetteville.  Call one of the local gun shops and they will be able to help you.  And No, Tennessee does not recognize AL CCW permit because they are a shall issue state that requires no course.  Also, AL will not recognize TN out of spite.  You can, however get a FL Non resident permit which is recognized in AL and TN.  This can be obtained online, and I believe it costs about $125.  Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 6:42:33 PM EDT
[#8]
MTFC has a one day course in Rutherford Co.

On Target has burned down & has not been rebuilt yet.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:02:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I had a guy recommend Mike Voncannon who is a Sevier County Police Officer teaching at Sevier County Range I think.

http://www.sevierindoorrange.com

I have sent them an email requestiong scheduled classes and rates.  I'll update this topic when I hear back.

David

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top