Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/12/2004 5:06:55 PM EST
Any tips on where to go for CCW renewal in metro phx? Mine is up this month, and those scumbags at CASWELL's are not an option.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:18:48 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/12/2004 5:19:09 PM EST by prebans]

Originally Posted By Mouch:
Any tips on where to go for CCW renewal in metro phx? Mine is up this month, and those scumbags at CASWELL's are not an option.

I do housecalls. Where abouts do you reside?

Mike
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:12:14 PM EST
I've got a California buddy who needs to come out and do his, as well. Anybody have a class coming up?

~Doug
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:46:43 PM EST

Originally Posted By eodinert:
I've got a California buddy who needs to come out and do his, as well. Anybody have a class coming up?

~Doug

I've got one coming up Sept 21-25 if he's interested...

Mike
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:17:56 AM EST
I think it needs to be a weekend class... two days.

~Doug
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:25:09 AM EST

Originally Posted By eodinert:
I think it needs to be a weekend class... two days.

~Doug

Ehhh... I don't get much call for those-- I don't really plan any unless a group of folks requests it.

I could do one for him alone, but I'd have to charge a bit higher for that. Does he or do you have some other folks who are interested? More folks can spread the cost around a whole lot better.

Mike

PS. If he just needs a renewal, it's 4 hours. It's a full class, right..?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:13:34 AM EST
Full class, he dicked around too long and it expired.

I'll send him a link to this thread, and you two can finger something out.

~doug
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:48:23 AM EST
I'm the slacker that Doug is talking about. hat
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:50:52 AM EST

Originally Posted By killshot308:
I'm the slacker that Doug is talking about.

What would be good for me is the weekend of Oct 17th - if you can confirm that, lemme know and I'll try talking it up amongst my fellow Kalifornians. Maybe we can get some interest here on the forum too.

Welcome aboard.

Lemme check my schedule, but that seems okay.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:27:26 PM EST
Sounds good - let me know if/when you can confirm. How much is the two-day class?

-Jerry
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:57:00 AM EST

Sounds good - let me know if/when you can confirm. How much is the two-day class?

-Jerry

For how many people?

Mike
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:42:45 AM EST

Originally Posted By Mouch:

Somebody want to clue me in as to why I shouldn't patronize Caswell's? Besides the fact that it's overpriced.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:30:49 AM EST
I also let mine expire, have renewed it once and bought a house around the time mine was to expire and got wrapped up in the weekend unpacking thing and totally forgot about it. Now I'm stuck open carry until I get a new one! That weekend you mentioned Is good for me as well send me an e-mail with cost, time info etc and If I'm going to do it I'll confirm my spot prepay or whatever is needed. Thanks.

-John
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:52:52 AM EST
For thos of you planning on taking your CCW class from prebans, I highly highly recommend him. The guy knows his stuff. Make the time and you'll get a better education/training for less $ than just about anywhere else.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:41:56 PM EST

Originally Posted By napalm:
Somebody want to clue me in as to why I shouldn't patronize Caswell's? Besides the fact that it's overpriced.

Yes. They're obsurdly overpriced. Also, I remember hearing through the Sheriff's Office that they would no longer allow "humaniod" targets or drawing from your holster unless you were L.E. and made special reservations for the bays.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:34:43 PM EST
Sorry I'm taking so long to reply. Gotta check on one final thing tomorrow and-- unless stupid happens-- Oct 16-17 should be all good.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:06:08 PM EST

Originally Posted By prebans:

-Jerry

For how many people?

Mike

Just me at the present time - although it looks like you might be picking up some interest on the board here. So, let me know how much and let me know what you need to get me signed up. Also, where will the class be? Thanks!

-Jerry
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:35:22 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/19/2004 6:37:53 PM EST by prebans]
Okay, Oct 16-17 will be fine.

The scoop on cost for the starting class is that it depends on how many people are present. My standard is five people at 79.95 or 89.95 (depending on distance) each. I also throw in approval for the Utah and Florida permits-- add in AZ and you've got at least 25 state coverage.

One person... Eh, I'm willing to train just you but that'll cost a LOT. The state requires 16 hours of training- while I definitely want to make it a good deal for you, it also needs to be a good deal on my end to cover time, gas, etc. Let me know how many people are interested and we'll go from there on cost.

In terms of location, you name it and I'll come to you!

Mike
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:17:57 AM EST
Hey guys, please let me know what you'd like to do for Oct 16-17. I've got a VERY tempting offer on the table for that weekend, but y'all asked first.

PLEASE let me know as soon as possible so I can schedule appropriately.

Thanks!

Mike
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:23:42 AM EST

I also throw in approval for the Utah and Florida permits-- add in AZ and you've got at least 25 state coverage.

Mike,

What's involved with this? I don't suppose that either of these covers NM, CO or CA? :)
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:10:09 AM EST
I'm willing to do Oct 16th and 17th as well if its still on and if the other wont mind me being there.

So what is it? Only two people so far?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:15:05 PM EST

Hey guys, please let me know what you'd like to do for Oct 16-17. I've got a VERY tempting offer on the table for that weekend, but y'all asked first. hedule
Thanks!

Mike

Okay guys, roger-up so that Mike can take a head-count!

I will be driving out from San Diego, so I too would like to know if I am going to have a class to attend. I will be staying with friends, so I don't really have a location to host the class. I will have to come to you in all likelihood. I will be staying near I-17 and Dunlap. I know Phoenix Rod & Gun has classrooms, but I don't know what they run.

-Jerry
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:54:46 PM EST
I want to but I have something else going on now for that weekend and really don't want to miss it. Maybe I can try getting some people together in a few months to make a class worth while. If I get enough people I will contact you and we'll see what we can put together.

-John
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:57:22 PM EST
Im moving to Tucson very soon, and want to get my ccw.... if that helps any.. lol
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:37:37 PM EST
For those of you who need your renewal, I am also a CCW Instructor. If Mike can't take you in one of his classes, give me a shout and I'll see what I can do for you. I'm only doing renewals right now because I don't have a place for the 16 hour course..And renewals can be done at Denny's (And the Casa Grande range)

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:20:04 PM EST

How the hell do you guys let your permit expire.

You have a five month (150 days) period to renew. You have 60 days after your permit expires to get your renewal in. And no you can't CCW until you get a new one.

This may help some of you procastenators www.dps.state.az.us./ccw/renpermit.htm
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:01:29 AM EST

Originally Posted By TimW:

I also throw in approval for the Utah and Florida permits-- add in AZ and you've got at least 25 state coverage.

Mike,

What's involved with this? I don't suppose that either of these covers NM, CO or CA? :)

NM: They'll only issue to their own residents. However, there are loopholes that will allow you to carry concealed and open (depending on the situation) WITHOUT a permit.

CO: YUP!

CA: Not even the Good Lord himself could carry in there unless he was a resident, went through a psychological evaluation, got evaulated for fitness to carry but the Sheriff of his County.....

Mike
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:11:17 AM EST

Originally Posted By Carbine10:

How the hell do you guys let your permit expire.

You have a five month (150 days) period to renew. You have 60 days after your permit expires to get your renewal in. And no you can't CCW until you get a new one.

This may help some of you procastenators www.dps.state.az.us./ccw/renpermit.htm

You wouldn't believe how common it is for an instructor to see people who missed their window. I can count the number of classes I've held where this DIDN'T happen on ONE HAND.

It happens!

Mike
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:19:02 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/27/2004 5:19:19 AM EST by prebans]
Okay guys, I only see two full classes. I'd have to charge you both a pretty ridiculous amount to cover my time and distance on the full 16 hour class.

Tell you what-- I can't guarantee other instructors' pricing, but I'll see if I can't find you both a class on 10/16 - 10/17. Only two people would just be much too expensive to cover my costs and time.

RENEWAL PEOPLE: Four hours is much easier to hack. PLEASE IM me and we'll set up a date and time at your convenience. Tucson folks-- AZ Redneck is in Casa Grande-- much closer! He does one hell of a job and his prices are fair. He'd be much better to contact than me.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:01:50 AM EST

Okay guys, I only see two full classes. I'd have to charge you both a pretty ridiculous amount to cover my time and distance on the full 16 hour class.

Tell you what-- I can't guarantee other instructors' pricing, but I'll see if I can't find you both a class on 10/16 - 10/17. Only two people would just be much too expensive to cover my costs and time.

RENEWAL PEOPLE: Four hours is much easier to hack. PLEASE IM me and we'll set up a date and time at your convenience. Tucson folks-- AZ Redneck is in Casa Grande-- much closer! He does one hell of a job and his prices are fair. He'd be much better to contact than me. hr

No problem, I understand that with only 2 it would be hard to swing. That would be really cool if you could find another class going that weekend for us.

As for the question as to how I could let mine expire - easy - I live in California, and very busy with work and kids. Obviously the CCW is of no use to me 350 days out of the year living here, I only use it when I go to Phoenix to visit friends. I only hold the permit to support the cause - that is to be part of a responsible constituency of gun owners who carry concealed. I really think that it makes the anti-American communist pieces of shit like Schumer, Boxer and Feinstein look even more absolutely ridiculous when tens of thousands of citizens are running around with "evil pistols" with "high-capacity magazines" and all hell hasn't yet broken loose - if anything, it's been more contained!
Top Top