Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2007 6:30:26 PM EDT
How long does the certificate for completion of the CCW class last before it expires??

I never got an answer out of our instructor but i would imagine atleast a year, as long as it will still be good once the season starts back up and i can actually take a couple days off to catch up on some stuff.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 6:34:05 PM EDT
[#1]
interesting question.  there was no "expiration date" on my certificate of completion if i remember correctly.  i don't think its an issue because the sheriff's dept. does a background check when you apply - not during the course work.
if you are waiting for $ to apply - thats what i would state if they happen to ask you why you waited.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 6:39:07 PM EDT
[#2]
From the Oakboro thread

"The flip side to that is that the expiration "date" of the course certificate showing completion of the course is at the good humor of the Sheriff of the county where the person resides. Some Departments say 6 months, some say a year, some honor them so long as the course/laws have not changed since the class was attended/certificate awarded."
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 6:47:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for the quick answers. I am waiting partially on a little bit of money that i can play with (holidays killed me!!) and to find time that i can actually get to the sheriffs office here for fill out the paper work. I talked to Catawba  County SO and they only take CCW permit applications from 9am - 3:30 PM on Tue. Wed. and Thur.

oh well maybe end of Feb. or middle of march i can cut out of work for a couple hours and make the trip there and do all the paperwork.

Thanks again

Dan
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 7:01:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
From the Oakboro thread

"The flip side to that is that the expiration "date" of the course certificate showing completion of the course is at the good humor of the Sheriff of the county where the person resides. Some Departments say 6 months, some say a year, some honor them so long as the course/laws have not changed since the class was attended/certificate awarded."

He beat me to it with my own quote.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top