Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2006 9:33:38 PM EDT
One of the guns I qualified with is a Walther PPK.

The rangemaster wrote PPK/S on the form, and my CCW says PPK/S.

Can I carry my PPK?
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 5:59:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Technically, I'd say no, but I have wondered about this same question myself.  (Qualify with a LW 1911 commander and want to carry a steel combat commander.)  To be safe, you should really address this question in a written format to the state attorney general.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 8:07:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Is it not listed by serial #??
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 11:09:59 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Nowhere in the NRS is there a requirement that the firearm(s) be listed by serial number. The application and the permit must include make, model and caliber, but not the serial number.

If someone wanted to make an issue of it, it could be argued that you are not carrying the correct model, since here may well be a PPK and a PPK/S with the same serial number. Serial numbers are assigned arbitrarily by the manufacturer, and the only real rule in the US is that there can't be the same serial number on multiple copies of the same make and model.

If I were you, I'd get it fixed.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 11:50:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nowhere in the NRS is there a requirement that the firearm(s) be listed by serial number. The application and the permit must include make, model and caliber, but not the serial number.

If someone wanted to make an issue of it, it could be argued that you are not carrying the correct model, since here may well be a PPK and a PPK/S with the same serial number. Serial numbers are assigned arbitrarily by the manufacturer, and the only real rule in the US is that there can't be the same serial number on multiple copies of the same make and model.

If I were you, I'd get it fixed.

+1

Clark County requires the serial number on the application (not on the CCW permit) because of the stupid-ass Blue Card Registration (confiscation) bullshit.

Fasten your seat belts folks.... long gun registration is coming sooner than you think.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 12:27:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Fasten your seat belts folks.... long gun registration is coming sooner than you think.

....and the closest State nearby WITHOUT that nonsense is.....???????

(Joe, you're makin' me nervous!)
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 4:31:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Technically, that is no longer quite true:  BATFE has started requiring manufacturers to have unique serial numbers on each firearm.  IOW, you cannot get a S&W-made PPK with the same serial number as a S&W-made PPK/S.  Of course, mfgs were putting the same number on different models for years, so it could still be a problem.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 8:02:26 PM EDT
[#7]
The serial numbers are moot out here in Free Nevada
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 8:04:47 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
One of the guns I qualified with is a Walther PPK.

The rangemaster wrote PPK/S on the form, and my CCW says PPK/S.

Can I carry my PPK?

Just call your CCW office and inform them of the error. They can fix it right away. At least here in Las Vegas they can.

Link Posted: 10/27/2006 8:23:17 AM EDT
[#9]

Joe,
 Do you have some info you want to share?
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 11:25:47 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Joe,
 Do you have some info you want we can compel you to share?

Fixed it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 1:09:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Joe,

Not publicly.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 12:05:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Joe,

Not publicly.
This deserves its own thread......
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 12:09:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Joe,
 Do you have a Crystal ball or something ?
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:19:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Joe,
 Do you have a Crystal ball or something ?

No crystal ball here.... just 31 years of following local and state politics in Nevada.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:02:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Is this going to be a Clark county or state level registration scheme?  

I cant wait to get out of Nevada.  I once thought after my military service was up I'd stay here and settle down.  Not anymore, I've watched this area turn into California more and more with each passing year.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:59:08 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Is this going to be a Clark county or state level registration scheme?  

I cant wait to get out of Nevada.  I once thought after my military service was up I'd stay here and settle down.  Not anymore, I've watched this area turn into California more and more with each passing year.

Go North
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 1:18:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Even one day northern Nevada will be overun by all the California fucksticks.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:24:22 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Even one day northern Nevada will be overun by all the California fucksticks.

That's why we want out too..we want a place where our neighbors are a mile away..lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top