Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 6/30/2012 7:00:29 PM EDT
Sorry for the stupid question, I assume there's no limit on how many loaded handguns I can have in my vehicle with my CHL?

So theoretically I can have one in the glove box, center console, holster under the steering column etc?

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 5:39:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure. I usually keep only my carry gun loaded even when on a trip to the range as I would hate to learn the answer the hard way.  If anyone knows the answer to this I would also like to know it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 6:57:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes there is no limit to how many you can carry, but issues may arrise if others drive that vehicle without a CHL
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 4:07:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I always have one on me, and two in my range bag in the trunk ready to go.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 4:11:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Carry as many HANDGUNS as you like.  But for the lve of god you better not have a loaded AR mag anywhere in the vehicle!
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 6:03:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Carry as many HANDGUNS as you like.  But for the lve of god you better not have a loaded AR mag anywhere in the vehicle!

Unless you have an AR pistol as it would qualify as a pistol and arguably a handgun, but that is in that kind of grey area that cops like to sit you in a cell for 24 hours until they realize that they don't actually have anything against you and let you out.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:39:17 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

+1, weird law. good thing i have my LULA

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 1:28:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

.....................................................................................................
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:53:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

.....................................................................................................

Unless there is no AR in the car.  Loaded magazine with rifle present = loaded rifle (even if separated from rifle).  Loaded magazine by itself = no problem as I understand it.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:19:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unless there is no AR in the car.  Loaded magazine with rifle present = loaded rifle (even if separated from rifle).  Loaded magazine by itself = no problem as I understand it.

Hopefully this will be changing soon...
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 4:07:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hopefully this will be changing soon...

I hope so.  I want to be able to carry my Glock and Sub2000 to the range, with loaded Glock mags, which I assume become rifle mags with the Sub2k present....

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top