Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/20/2005 2:43:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/20/2005 2:46:46 PM EDT by DaveM55]
It's my understanding you can't carry a loaded gun in the ExpoMart. So what do you do with your CCW at the show?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:33:55 PM EDT
I have never seen them check for CCWs.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:41:40 PM EDT
SHOOTIN4FUN wrote: I have never seen them check for CCWs.

Not even after the AD a couple months ago?

I've never been there, but plan to go this weekend.

I don't want to lock my gun in the car.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:49:25 PM EDT
Dave,

Those bulges in our pockets won't be because we're happy to be at a gun show (unless, of course, somebody has a whole table of reasonably priced stripped lowers)!

Perhaps our military said it best: "Don't ask, don't tell".

See you at the show.

H
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:15:06 PM EDT
Do they frisk you? Run you through a metal detector?

Then i guess you know my answer.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:42:49 PM EDT
ive been to alot of shows and they ask "who is carrying- all guns must be checked bs", again smile and keep walking. whats the worst that can happen anyways. your permit is legit they would just ask u to leave. i bet half the guys there are packing- mike
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:58:06 AM EDT
Ive seen at some shows where they will ask you to unload your gun, and put a plastic zip tie through it, gunlock style. Im not sure if they make the dealers do the same. Even if they do, I see dealers with handguns on their hips all the time at shows.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:03:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Fishpaw:
Ive seen at some shows where they will ask you to unload your gun, and put a plastic zip tie through it, gunlock style. Im not sure if they make the dealers do the same. Even if they do, I see dealers with handguns on their hips all the time at shows.

That is only if you are openly carrying in a firearm because you intend to display/sell it. Otherwise they aren't searching anyone.

I've been to that show several times but not since the famous ND. I have never been searched only asked that if I have any guns I plan on selling or bringing into the open show floor that they need to have the zip tie through them.
Top Top