PSA
Member Login

Posted: 7/18/2010 7:33:48 PM EDT
Does anyone know if you can CCW at the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long
Beach? Do they have metal detectors before you go in? Will they search
your bag?
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 8:02:34 PM EDT
Originally Posted By caduckgunner:
Does anyone know if you can CCW at the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach? Do they have metal detectors before you go in? Will they search your bag?

when in doubt...dont do it.

if you must, call first and talk to someone in charge..not some low level clerk.  explain you have been authorized by California Law enforcement to carry and handgun concealed, no other patrons will see your firearm, then ask if they have any rules reguarding your visit.  I found if I presented it that way, even unfriendly places said it was ok.  It is in how you state you are licensed.  I had my wife call a resort we were going to and this is what I heard her say, We are coming in from Nevada, my husband has a gun, can he wear it?  The answer was NO. what is your name, what dates are you coming here, let me call the manager, we may have to refund your money...my wife cupped the phone and told me what was going on,  I jumped up and she handed me the phone.  I was able to salvage the situation and bring my firearm, but not CCW while inside the resort.  I know if I wasnt a lazy ass and called the proper person at the resort I could have gotten permission.  its all in how you word your request.

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 7:47:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/19/2010 7:49:56 AM EDT by FNC80]

Does anyone know if you can CCW at the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach? Do they have metal detectors before you go in? Will they search your bag?

I have not seen any signs posted, including any microtext signs like they have at Edwards Theater.  No metal detectors.  No bag searches.

Watch out for printing when you lean over to pet the baby sharks and the rays.

ETA: Jansport fanny pack with a Save the Whales patch for the ultimate stealth.

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 11:37:40 AM EDT
Originally Posted By FNC80:

I have not seen any signs posted, including any microtext signs like they have at Edwards Theater.  No metal detectors.  No bag searches.

Watch out for printing when you lean over to pet the baby sharks and the rays.

ETA: Jansport fanny pack with a Save the Whales patch for the ultimate stealth.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 10:15:54 AM EDT
Originally Posted By CWDraco:

when in doubt...dont do it.

if you must, call first and talk to someone in charge..not some low level clerk.  explain you have been authorized by California Law enforcement to carry and handgun concealed, no other patrons will see your firearm, then ask if they have any rules reguarding your visit.  I found if I presented it that way, even unfriendly places said it was ok.  It is in how you state you are licensed.  I had my wife call a resort we were going to and this is what I heard her say, We are coming in from Nevada, my husband has a gun, can he wear it?  The answer was NO. what is your name, what dates are you coming here, let me call the manager, we may have to refund your money...my wife cupped the phone and told me what was going on,  I jumped up and she handed me the phone.  I was able to salvage the situation and bring my firearm, but not CCW while inside the resort.  I know if I wasnt a lazy ass and called the proper person at the resort I could have gotten permission.  its all in how you word your request.

lol thats awsome.
Top Top