Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/7/2005 5:49:40 PM EDT
where do I go to get my CCW address change?

thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:59:36 PM EDT
Contact the OSBI. Notification is all that is needed. I don't believe you are actually required to have your license changed. Same way with your Driver's License.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:49:26 PM EDT
thanks Danc46
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:44:25 PM EDT
Best to get them both changed, as for the DL, if you list a differant address on a 4473 than what is on your DL, the dealer may not sell the firearm to you.

As for the CWL, write a letter to the OSBI, tell them who you are, give your current CWL license number, and old address, tell them you wish to have a new license issued with your current address, list it as well, also give a daytime contact phone number, just in case.

Get a MO or Cahsiers check for $15 made payable to the OSBI, and send it all in and wait about 3 weeks.

At least thats what I did.

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:11:18 PM EDT
I just moved and called Cleveland County Police Dept and they told me not to worry about it til I need to renew it. It's no big deal.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:15:29 PM EDT
sorry but the police are miss informed you the address on your cwl and your dl have to be the same. all you need to do is send osbi a letter that is notary stamed and send In $20 bucks money order . It will only take a few days to send yo a new one. It in the osbi green and blue book you must change it with in so many days. It is pain less.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:50:05 PM EDT
The law DOES NOT require you to change your DL on its face. It does require you notify the DPS of an address change. With that contradiction between the DL and SDA license, what kind of conundrum does that leave the OSBI in enforcing the administrative law? The only time they will do that if there is a municipal or criminal violation issued to an SDA holder and they are looking to hang the SDA holder for everything they can get.

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:45:38 PM EDT
that may be true but your only talk about $15 . and it looks a lot better if you get pull over out of state or in state bye some LEO that dislike CWL holders. I called osbi when I moved 7 years a go and they said I had no choice but to fix my address with in so many days. I may not be right. But I would call the one that issue you the lic not a police deptment. just my 2 cents
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:55:47 PM EDT
okguy91, if the DPS doesn't require you to physically change your DL, only notify, there is no way the OSBI can enforce changing your SDA license.
But you are right about being safe. You can never tell how some LEO will act or what a PD's policy is. A few dollars spent changing both your DL and SDA permit might save you LOTS of hassle.
But what I was alluding to earlier, the OSBI does administrative enforcement AFTER the municipal or district court finds you guilty of violating the SDA act in their jurisdiction. Otherwise, they won't do squat unless someone with an SDA permit gets hung screwing up.
Just depends if you want to donate more money to the state being issued new licenses!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:05:10 AM EDT
thanks for reminding me
Top Top