Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 10:11:07 PM EDT
Question, didnt we as oregonians use to get free background checks when purchasing a firearm. at least on long guns i thought
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:14:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Always been $10 for me.  Rifle, Shotgun and Handguns.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:23:05 AM EDT
[#2]
No. That was one reason (among many :) that I got my CHP. It was promised, but like so many other things was dropped in the final edition.

Elvis (aka Jeff Kropf), fine Republican that he is , wanted somewhere around the same time to come up with a separate firearms license (or  possibly incorporated on the ODL - I can't remember) to address the no bgc issue. Of course that one was doomed from the beginning.

Seems our gov't for and of the people can't trust anyone.

NMSight
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:42:08 PM EDT
[#3]
There was a bill submitted last year, House Bill 2768 which proposed anyone with a CHL didn't have to do the background check.  Never made it to a vote though.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:17:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Did that free thing go away with the State BG Check they use now in Oregon? When it was through NICS, or federal checks, it was free IIRC. Only when it went to the State check do I remember having to pay for a BG check...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top