Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2006 9:51:13 AM EDT
FYI Walmart on Boulder and Lake Mead in Henderson is now displaying "No Firearms Unless Licensed" I wonder if this was in response to the recent holdup in the area
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:25:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:31:51 PM EDT
[#2]
That sign was changed last year as a direct result of the efforts of myself and several other ARFcom members. It used to say: "NO FIREARMS ALLOWED."

We spoke in depth with two store managers (one at Trop and Pecos and the other at Lake Mead and Boulder in Henderson) about the issue. Actually the agreement to change the sign from: "NO FIREARMS ALLOWED" to "NO FIREARMS ALLOWED UNLESS PROPERLY LICENSED" was a result of a compromise to keep a sign up and also welcome legal CCW permit holders.

The managers I spoke with (one was a female) were both pro-gun and hunters. They said they wanted to put the gangbangers on notice that firearms were not allowed in the stores, but at the same time they didn't want to insult or discourage law abiding permit holders.

I think the new signs are positive. Although they will not keep the bad guys from carrying guns, they certainly will let the bad guys know that the good guys are.

Getting those signs changed was proof that if we stick together and approach anti-gun issues with reason and integrity people will listen (hopefully).

I am proud to have been a part of getting the policy changed at those two stores.

Joe

PS: Strike two up for the good guys!  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:20:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:18:07 PM EDT
[#4]
One of my employees said the Walmart on Charleston and Decatur has a similar "NO FIREARMS" sign now. Time for another IShoot2Live firemission!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:17:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Add Bass Pro Shops to your firemission.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:20:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:53:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Slightly off topic:  Is the Bass Pro range open??  I've never seen anybody using it (and I've been there more than a few times.)
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:12:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, they sign there is addressing CCW holders rather people that go there to use the firing range.

That sign is of no concern of mine.  If they actually ask me to leave because I am carrying legally I will and never go back.  Probably write letters to their corprate office asking why they are anti-2nd amendment.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:58:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, they sign there is addressing CCW holders rather people that go there to use the firing range.

That sign is of no concern of mine.  If they actually ask me to leave because I am carrying legally I will and never go back.  Probably write letters to their corprate office asking why they are anti-2nd amendment.

Animus,

Didn't you know that it's all about "Public Safety" and "For the Children?"

A gun store not allowing guns is like a swimming pool not allowing bathing suits.

Friggin' ridiculous.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:20:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:48:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
That sign was changed last year as a direct result of the efforts of myself and several other ARFcom members. It used to say: "NO FIREARMS ALLOWED."

We spoke in depth with two store managers (one at Trop and Pecos and the other at Lake Mead and Boulder in Henderson) about the issue. Actually the agreement to change the sign from: "NO FIREARMS ALLOWED" to "NO FIREARMS ALLOWED UNLESS PROPERLY LICENSED" was a result of a compromise to keep a sign up and also welcome legal CCW permit holders.

The managers I spoke with (one was a female) were both pro-gun and hunters. They said they wanted to put the gangbangers on notice that firearms were not allowed in the stores, but at the same time they didn't want to insult or discourage law abiding permit holders.

I think the new signs are positive. Although they will not keep the bad guys from carrying guns, they certainly will let the bad guys know that the good guys are.

Getting those signs changed was proof that if we stick together and approach anti-gun issues with reason and integrity people will listen (hopefully).

I am proud to have been a part of getting the policy changed at those two stores.

Joe

PS: Strike two up for the good guys!  hr

Joe,
I just want to say Thanks, I appreciate the time you took to change the mind of corprate America.  If I can help on your next mission I will do what I can.  
Thanks again bro,

the agent
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:16:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Big Deal. Worst they can do is ask you politely to leave the premises. And if you dont leave then you get a $25.00 ticket/ trespassing maybe? Dont know of that happening to anyone as of yet.  And yeah BASS PRO sux as well. Having people walk around with their guns in their hand but locked. That makes sense and probably doesnt scare the other people huh? I remember seeing a guy with his HK USP fullsize in his hand cause he saw the sign for no firearms and had to unload it then lock it up with a BASS PRO lock with the key given to him as he was shopping for stuff. Make sense? Hell no.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:01:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Big Deal. Worst they can do is ask you politely to leave the premises. And if you dont leave then you get a $25.00 ticket/ trespassing maybe? Dont know of that happening to anyone as of yet.  And yeah BASS PRO sux as well. Having people walk around with their guns in their hand but locked. That makes sense and probably doesnt scare the other people huh? I remember seeing a guy with his HK USP fullsize in his hand cause he saw the sign for no firearms and had to unload it then lock it up with a BASS PRO lock with the key given to him as he was shopping for stuff. Make sense? Hell no.

Yo Esq,

I would rather see a sign welcoming CCW permit holders rather than a sign that prohibits all gun possession.

I don't agree with the "getting a ticket" routine for Tresspassing either. I personally have never been in jail and the last traffic ticket I received was a "Wasting Fuel" ticket in 1991 (68 mph. in a 55). I would rather keep my law-abiding slate impeccable, rather than have a blip on the radar for something stupid. I usually don't patronize establishments that post no firearms signs, but if I do go into an establishment that is posted, I have been carrying concealed long enough to appear not to be carrying (and I either carry a full size Sig P220, or a SS Colt Commander).

My feeling on going into private businesses is this: If you are found to be concealing a handgun you are probably doing a piss poor job at concealing it. If you don't "telegraph" your actions and give them  the impression that you are carrying, most people that work in private businesses (and patrons alike) wouldn't know if you were carring from Adam.

Now, if an individual goes into a business that is posted and they are wearing an NRA hat, an H&K tee-shirt, cargo pants/BDU's, black tactical boots with fresh "Desert Dust" on them, a tactical knife, a tactical belt mounted light and two spare magazines, and they are printing because either the tee-shirt is too small or they are too fat, those can be a few "hints" that that person just "might" be carrying.

My advice is to patronize establishments that welcome the gun community and ban those who don't. If you must patronize a business(s) that is/are posted just look as "unobvious" as possible.

It has worked for me.

Just the 'ol 2 pennies.....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top