Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2003 7:16:09 AM EDT
Hey guys just wondering if anyone has heard anything new or has any updates on the status?

Link Posted: 5/2/2003 11:34:29 AM EDT
[#1]
This may help.  

www.wisconsinconcealedcarry.com/html/news.html

edit to make link hot-tattoo
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 5:47:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Now I'm pissed AB40 passed the assembly, and is now on to the senate, so in a few short months retired LEO's will be able to carry concealed in wisconsin, WTF!!! These people are not special, they are no longer active LEO's and as such should not get special privledges, that the rest of us can't currently have. This bill was suposed to be folded in with the personal protection act, but i guess it never was. Why the hell do you need two seperate bills 1 for retired LEOs and 1 for those of us that are not. This is BS.
Sorry guys I'm just pissed and needed to vent
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:16:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Now I'm pissed AB40 passed the assembly, and is now on to the senate, so in a few short months retired LEO's will be able to carry concealed in wisconsin, WTF!!! These people are not special, they are no longer active LEO's and as such should not get special privledges, that the rest of us can't currently have. This bill was suposed to be folded in with the personal protection act, but i guess it never was. Why the hell do you need two seperate bills 1 for retired LEOs and 1 for those of us that are not. This is BS.
Sorry guys I'm just pissed and needed to vent

Dribble, Dribble...

The PPA will be back, and then it won't matter...

I always wonder, though, what makes LEOs so special that they get weapons carry/ownership privledges not even granted to the (in many cases far better trained WRT firearms) military... Personal ownership of 94-restricted AWs on retirement (if given said AW by the dept), special carry permission, etc...
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:48:04 AM EDT
[#4]
One of the LEO's on the forum was telling me over on the LEO board that when they leave the Dept. that the guns if in a pre-94 config actually get transfered to the PD and that the individual does not get to keep it, As far as the ccw thing there should NOT have been a seperate bill for retired LEO's. One of the things we talked about was the Us V. Them mentality that many people seem to have regarding police and police toward non LEOs and I mentioned that it's hard to not see it that way when the laws make it seem like it's Us V. Them, and this is one of those things that just proves what I was talking about. What makes them so special that they should have a seperate bill or that that bill would be passed through the system before one for the rest of us.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:19:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Heres the update on the push for CC in wisconsin.
Thats right nothing is happening at friggin all. WHats going on. No one seems to have any info or Idea about what is happening. Still havent heard squat from the state supreme court on the two cases in front of it. Nothing from any of the organisations that are pushing the bill. Nada,zero,zip nathen. so again i ask WTF!

Sorry guys this is just pissin me off. First it's gunna be one of the first bill introduced this year, but because of the budget problem it's not. Than there waiting to see how the WSSC rules but they are suposedly waiting to see what the legislature does. so everyones waiting on everone else and no one wants to get off their asses and do a thing. So once again we'll have to wait till the assend of the year and than watch ast the assembly or senate pull some BS to kill the bill like the last time. Does anyone have any kinda info at all? Does anyone have a clue as to whats going on? I'd like to know if someone has some info. And sorry for the rant I'm just gettin sick of this crap.

Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:35:00 PM EDT
[#6]
The legislature is doing what it does every 2 years: Waste a whole year arguing about how best to waste our money...

Untill this finishes, nothing much will happen that's not related to the budget (except campaign activity, of course)...
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 5:12:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Typical wisconsin politics....I think it's time to write a few more letters and make a few more phone calls. This is total BS.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:47:04 PM EDT
[#8]
This excerpt from the head of the Wisconsin Concealed Carry Org., Dick Baker. As you know
things in Calif-Illannoy- NJ- and several other
states have been on a steady decline both freedom as well as the RKBA.. In
Cheeseville the GOP has grown bigger balls and things are slowly changing.
Incrementalism is now starting to work in our favor somewhat.

In order to be proactive you need to first imagine what your opponent might
do, or at least recognize some early signs.

Unlike many states, Wisconsin has been moving forward on gun issues largely
because a few people in the capitol recognized early signs and moved to
thwart them. In just a very few years we got: a) pre-emption legislation
that prevents municipalities from enacting gun laws more stringent than
those at the state level; b) a right to keep and bear arms amendment that's
pretty clear in its language; c) a range protection act, which keeps the
buyers of new homes from shutting down ranges because of the noise; d) a
right to hunt, fish and trap amendment, which keeps the PETA folks from
closing off land to hunting; and e) legislation to prevent gun makers,
distributers and dealers from being sued for the criminal use of their
products.

These same people have created a political climate in which almost no
politician both state or local can utter a word about gun control without
suffering serious consequences at the polls.

It's my opinion that these folks have a long-term plan in place. For
example: our state supreme court will soon rule on the constitutionality of
the current ban on concealed carry. Considering the language of the RKBA
amendment, it's hard to imagine that they'll let current legislation stand
as is.

Following the court ruling, we'll be seeing another introduction of the
concealed carry bill. If it passes--and it should--the mayors of some of the
big cities will want exemptions made. But, no dice. The pre-emption
legislation, you see.

Following passage of CCW legislation, I foresee other forward progress.
Perhaps eliminating waiting periods for handguns.

The anti's have succeeded in many areas because they work incrementally. We
can, too, if the committment is there.

That is what Dick has forwarded to me. Not fast change, but we are pushing back.-------Scrappy
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:17:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Ok there is a big problem with what he just said about the legislation after the WSSC rules on the two cases. If they rule in favor of the two defendants, than there is no legislation nessesary, because it creates a vermont style carry law. Why because there is nothing in Artical 1 sec 25 of the state constitution that bars the carry of concealed weapons by a person who can legaly posess or own a firearm. Two even if they try to pass legislation against concealed carry it will not pass, because it would be killed in the courts. Right now you can not carry a firearm in this state. Ya by law you can carry open, but go to milwaukee and walk down old world third street or water street with a holstered sidearm. You'll be face down in the street, and cuffed rather fast, same in racine or green bay, or any other large city in this state. With any luck it will be over and done with when the WSSC issues their opinion on the two cases and no legislation will be needed.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:09:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Update from Dick Baker -- Concealed Carry Bill Introduced --

Yesterday, June 19th, Representative Scott Gunderson introduced  the long-awaited concealed carry bill.

Before the bill can be assigned a number, it must be circulated by Representative Gunderson for co-sponsors. You can help Representative Gunderson by contacting your state representative and urging him/her to support Representative Gunderson's concealed carry bill. If you don't know who your state legislators are, you can go to http://www.legis.state.wi.us/waml to find out. If your friends don't have access to the internet, they can call 1-800-362-9472 between the hours of 8:45 am and 4:45 pm during the week to find our who their legislators are.

While legislative action on the bill will likely not begin until September, it's important that we start applying pressure right now.

The most effective way to make an impression on your legislators is to write them. Phone calls are ok, but it's the written letter that really carries weight. Emails are next to worthless for this purpose.

Remember, it's equally important that you contact your state senator as well as your state representative. Let your senator know that you want him/her to support concealed carry.

Once the bill has been assigned a number, the text of it will be available on our site at http://www.wisconsinconcealedcarry.com .

Please forward this email to every gun owner you know.

Let's roll!

The Wisconsin Concealed Carry Association
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:21:11 PM EDT
[#11]
IT'S ABOUT FREAKIN' TIME!!!!! YIPPY.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:25:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Dolomite- I closed it too!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top