Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2003 5:00:24 PM EDT
I got something from RMGO about which states honor our permits and now I lost it. Does anyone know which other states honor our permits.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 5:14:40 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.cbi.state.co.us/ccw/reciprocity.asp

?
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 3:54:07 AM EDT
[#2]
From the CBI page:

Colorado law (CRS 18-12-213) states that Colordo will recognize a valid permit issued in another state IF the permittee is 21 yrs of age or older AND the other state recognizes Colorado permits as valid in their state. We are currently researching which state fall into that category. This list will be updated as we receive confirmation back from attorneys general in the other 49 states.

cbi.state.co.us/ccw/reciprocity.asp
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 4:14:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 7:27:52 AM EDT
[#4]
As of 7/29/03 on the CBI/packing org. site:
Alaska
Florida
Idaho
Indiana
Kentucky
Michigan
Montana
Oklahoma
Utah

Many other states are still listed as unknown, but the ones I would like to find out about are Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas, New Mexico and Arizona.

And conversly all the citizens of the states that recognize us can carry in Colorado if they have permits.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 7:45:57 PM EDT
[#5]
On CBI Nebraska is a no and so is Kansas.

I really hope WY turns into a yes at the very least.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top