Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2003 10:05:05 AM EDT
Has anyone been able to access the CBI site with this info. It read down for me yesterday. I also tried www.packing.org, but it seems to have contradictory information. They say Wyoming will honor our permit, but I had heard not.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 12:19:32 PM EDT
[#1]
The list according to www.packing.org
1) Alaska
2) Arizona
3) Utah
4) Idaho
5) Montana
6) Wyoming????
7) South Dakota
8) Oklahoma
9) Missouri
10) Indiana
11) Michigan
12) Kentucky
13) Tennesee
14) Alabama
15) Georgia
16) Florida
17) North Carolina
18) Vermont
19) New Hampshire, (Edited to add New Hampshire)
What about Texas & New Mexico? I know Kansas and Nebraska don't allow their citizens to carry, but I am surprised.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 5:58:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Wyoming will honor the Colorado permit. I posted the link to the Wyoming Attorney General page on the Colorado site. (In the legislation and politics forum)

They didn't used to. All this is constantly changing.

Also Arizona and Utah will issue permits to non-residents if you meet their training requirements.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 6:03:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Okay I lied. It was in the GD forum.

Wyoming states:

attorneygeneral.state.wy.us/dci/CWPFAQ.html

9. If I am from out of state, is my concealed firearms permit recognized in Wyoming?  Yes, if your concealed firearms permit is authorized and issued by a governmental agency or entity in your state, is a valid statewide permit, your state has laws similar to the provisions of Wyoming law as determined by the Attorney General, including a background check of the permit holder, and your state recognizes Wyoming permits.  Your permit is only valid for the purpose of carrying a concealed handgun, not other types of weapons.  

This is a change from their previous position. Up until a month ago this was not the case. Also, this used to say that the permit had to be issued by the state. It now states "is a valid statewide permit" When I traveled through Wyoming, Utah, and Idaho, en-route to Oregon in August, I was told I could not carry in Wyoming.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top