Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2006 3:34:10 PM EDT
went and picked up my permit today, got printed on jan 25th.  Thats 31 days, platte and clay county are processing in less than 21 days.  

My permit probably would have taken 45 days, but I called and reminded the deputy that processes the apps that the statute requires that the permit be issued 3 days after reciept of the background check.  Although this same deputy that told me on the phone that the law did NOT say that you must be notified.  Also I was told by this same employee that he knew the law, he didn't need to read it, it was his job  I wanna know how he figures out these laws without reading them.  What's the moral of this story?........

If you apply in jackson county keep an eye on the time your checks are cashed, my check was cashed at the end of the week the nice ladies in jefferson city said my background check was sent out.  Keep on top of them, there is no reason to withold permits from qualified applicants for petty personal or political reasons.  

" 5. Before an application for a certificate of qualification for a concealed carry endorsement is approved, the sheriff shall make only such inquiries as he or she deems necessary into the accuracy of the statements made in the application. The sheriff may require that the applicant display a Missouri driver's license or nondriver's license or military identification and orders showing the person being stationed in Missouri. In order to determine the applicant's suitability for a certificate of qualification for a concealed carry endorsement, the applicant shall be fingerprinted. The sheriff shall request a criminal background check through the appropriate law enforcement agency within three working days after submission of the properly completed application for a certificate of qualification for a concealed carry endorsement. If no disqualifying record is identified by the fingerprint check at the state level, the fingerprints shall be forwarded to the Federal Bureau of Investigation for a national criminal history record check. Upon receipt of the completed background check, the sheriff shall issue a certificate of qualification for a concealed carry endorsement within three working days. The sheriff shall issue the certificate within forty-five calendar days if the criminal background check has not been received, provided that the sheriff shall revoke any such certificate and endorsement within twenty-four hours of receipt of any background check that results in a disqualifying record, and shall notify the department of revenue."

link to statute

If you need to take your class, and are in the KC area I recomend Don Treece
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:55:36 AM EDT
[#1]
It took the 52 days to issue my permit. I got into a damn fine arguement with the moron bitch that was issuing the permit to the point she had a sheriffs deputy come stay in the room until the skank finally finished the forms. I guess she wasn't happy I was telling her what the law was and actually had a copy of it there to prove my point.
It is not that I really hate incompetent assholes, only the arrogant ones....
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:57:07 PM EDT
[#2]
That's better than St Louis county.  They sat on my CCW permit for 45 days because they could.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:29:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Is there an exemption for the training class if you are military?

If not, where is the best place near Warrensburg for a class?  

My Idaho CCW just expired while I'm in Kuwait!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:33:57 AM EDT
[#4]
military service/DD214 does not count as the acceptable training in the state of missouri however the state of Florida does issue to non-residents and does accept military service as acceptable training and is valid in more states and is overall cheaper and is good for five years instead of three and... well, you get my idea by now.
By the way, I have both a Missouri and a Florida permit.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:18:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:29:34 PM EDT
[#6]
WARGOD.......calling wargod, isnt that the class your dad teaches???? If i remember correctly it is!!! does he issue Utah or any states that will issue to ages 21+ or is it MO only(23+)???
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:53:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Just got mine today.   Less than a month and I never had to call and remind anyone.

They seem to go through in about 25 days in grundy Co.

Televisions everywhere beware!  

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:32:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm here.  My dad does Florida permits fo 21+ years old and Missouri is 23+ years old.  If you take the Missouri CCW class it will qualify you also for the Florida permit.  So if your 21+ you can get a Florida permit and it will be honored by  Missouri.  Go to Missouri Shooter and click on the Florida permit link on the left towards the bottom of the list.

PolyTechKID-Glad you enjoyed the class and thanks for the recommendation
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top