Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2005 5:03:11 AM EDT
How many of Team Colorado have their CCW?

And do you switch your carry piece depending on the situation? I used to switch all the time, but now I am mainly using a .45 H&K Compact.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:53:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Count me out.

Guns (& alcohol & tobacco) not allowed at work. ATF free!

Plus I really try to stay out of places where I may need a gun when I'm not at work.

I know, I know. You never know when trouble might come to you. As in the big shooting we had a few years ago at City Market where a psycho started killing Mexicans because they were Mexicans. Broad daylight.

I also haven't decide HOW I would conceal. I generally wear shorts in warm/hot weather and jeans the rest of the year. T-shirts year round, with a jacket in cold weather. So we wearing a vest or something in the summer time would be a major change. So would be wearing large, loose, Hawaiian print shirts.

I'm sure at some point I'll take the class but right now I'm pretty much without a decent carry pistol too. I've got a Ruger old model Blackhawk .357 with 6½" barrel, a New Model Blackhawk .45 Colt 4¾" barrel and a Ruger Mk2 Govt. Target Model .22lr. None are really good concealed carry pieces.

Some day, some day. Just hope it's not a day too late.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:23:10 AM EDT
[#2]
All the time.

Usualy a full size 1911, very occasionaly a Beretta Tomcat.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:29:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I got my CCW about two years ago.

I normally have my Para Carry IWB tucked or untucked at 5:00.

When this is not the case, or sometimes in addition, I too carry(pocket) a Tomcat.

Seydou
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:56:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I just  don't know if I want to go thru the hassle but I think I might someday.
I don't have a real need to carry that much but I like to have one in my
little survival kit I always have near me and it would be nice to have something
always on my person for those "just in case" times.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:50:12 PM EDT
[#5]
For those of you who wear shorts or tuck in shirts, get at least a Kel-Tec P32 or P380.  I carry one every day when I don't have the ability to carry my G19.  Yes, you may try to avoid trouble & that's a great choice.....but what about when you end up on a collision course with it??  Better prepared than dead.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:43:31 PM EDT
[#6]
If I would get a CCW I think one of those two Keltecs would be the choice. However, of
those 2 Keltecs which one do you prefer-the .32 or the .380?  I guess the size
is pretty similar so it thought it would be a no brainer. However, I've heard the .380
is rather harsh to shoot and that they have more problems than the .32s.
Since you have both is that true or just gun shop commando BS?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:29:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If I would get a CCW I think one of those two Keltecs would be the choice. However, of
those 2 Keltecs which one do you prefer-the .32 or the .380?  I guess the size
is pretty similar so it thought it would be a no brainer. However, I've heard the .380
is rather harsh to shoot and that they have more problems than the .32s.
Since you have both is that true or just gun shop commando BS?

I've both Keltecs. I first had and carried the .32, and later bought (and now carry) the .380. They are identical in size, and the .380 is only slightly heavier (due to the heavier ammo). The .380 holds 7 rounds total, compared to 8 rounds total for the .32. The .380 is considerably more powerful than the .32 (which is why I bought it). But, having said that, I firmly believe that  very few attackers are going to continue their efforts after 3-4 quick hits by a .32.

The recoil of the .380 is not really objectionable, and Keltec has cured the extraction problems experienced on the early production models.

The great thing about the Keltecs is their small size and weight makes them a perfect pocket gun. I carry just about always and just about everywhere (I'm very well aware of the places where carrying is restricted). It's an insurance policy on which I never expect to file a claim.

If anyone here in CO is interested, I'd sell the .32. Email me.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:32:59 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a Utah CCW. Good enough.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:29:22 AM EDT
[#9]
I got my permit six months after I moved here. The only time I'm not carrying is when I'm at work (Peterson AFB - USAF active duty).  They tend to frown on that.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:19:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Just waiting for the state of  Florida to send me my card! My carry will be a SIG 220 untill I can fing the money to get something smaller.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:31:50 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Just waiting for the state of  Florida to send me my card! My carry will be a SIG 220 untill I can fing the money to get something smaller.

THat sounds heavy for sure. I carried my Sig for a while, got a Glock 19 and haven't looked back.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:08:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I carry all the time except at work.  In the rotation are:
Sig 239
Glock 30
Kimber Ultra 10 II
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:43:59 AM EDT
[#13]
I carry a Glock 23.  At work it lives in my briefcase, because it's hard to work on cars with one strapped to you.   I work in kind of a bad neighborhood.  The manager of the Subway next door was found dead in an early morning robbery.   I don't take chances anymore.

I did just acquire a N frame S&W .357.    I have to get a holster for it.  :)  A bit on the heavy side but ...

Jason
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 1:50:42 PM EDT
[#14]
I switch depending on what I am wearing.  Under a jacket or sweatshirt, I carry a Firestorm Mini (40 S&W) in a Bianchi IWB holster.  If I'm just wearing a polo shirt, t-shirt or button down shirt (untucked), I carry a Firestar 40 S&W, also in a Bianchi IWB holster.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:06:04 PM EDT
[#15]
I carry religiously, and have done so since I was 25 years old (44 now) and got out of the navy.  I carried off base since I was 19 (legal at 19 in Florida for police and military).  I especially carry at work (Bail Agent). I carry a S&W J-Frame Air Weight .38Spec. in a Galco IWB at the 5 O'clock position.  I keep reloads i9n the car, but not on me.  I figure 5 will do the job for the average need. Karl.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 2:47:13 AM EDT
[#16]
I don't carry at work either. No rules against it, I just worry too much about printing
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top