Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2009 6:54:32 AM EDT
Well i heard some decent news . That is some Counties in California are allowing more CCW Permits to be issued.
Sacrament of California is one of them (Notice i said county not city) .Problem seems to be that many Deputies From the sherrif"s department are being laid off by the hundreds because of the economy and lack of funding for the counties. Because of this ,They have come to the reasoning that more Armed Law Abiding citizens   will help fill the void from lack of proper Police Personal .

I Received my CCW From Fresno county a year ago .I went through the whole process ,Told the truth ,Took the required classes and passed the tests . Im gratefull for my Sherrifs Department for allowing me to exercise my Right and to also Realise that they place a lot of Trust on me to do what is just and correct.Its a responcibility one doesnt take lightly .Needless to say i Fully support my Sherrifs department  !

It took a while to get use to carrying concealed, you have to find the right set-up,the right belt,right holster and the right gun for you .But after a while it becomes all second nature like carrying your wallet.

Link Posted: 10/27/2009 4:17:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Map created by the people over at calccw.com

Link Posted: 10/27/2009 6:07:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Promising news. But I see a yellow at the area Im looking to move back to.

I have been CCW'ing for seven years now here in NV. Its more of a lifestyle change. Always have to be thinking of clothing and posture and what not, except for carrying my Keltec P32..that just disappears
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 9:30:26 AM EDT
[#3]
MONTEREY COUNTY should be colored YELLOW...appx 65 CCW'S issued by Monterey County Sheriff...
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 5:59:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Fucking San Diego.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 11:20:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Fucking San Diego.

Fucking LA County and fuck Lee Baca.

I literally live on the border of LA County and San Bernardino County. Less than a mile separates me from having a CCW permit.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 3:00:22 PM EDT
[#6]
i feel like orange co. should really be the color of san diego co.  hutchens has been taking away chl's.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 9:28:15 PM EDT
[#7]
So county of residence is determined on who you go to with your application?  What do they use to determine 'residency' ?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:06:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So county of residence is determined on who you go to with your application?  What do they use to determine 'residency' ?

Actually, if you live in a city with it's own police department, you have to apply to them first. If they deny you, you can then apply to the county sherrif.
The map represents a what the county sherrif position is, city PDs inside some of those counties are opposite of what the county sherrif does.

The address you write down in your CCW application and the fact that they interview your neighbors as part of the background check process.
Also, some counties require that you have been living at your address for more than a year before being eligible to apply for a CCW permit.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:53:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, if you live in a city with it's own police department, you have to apply to them first. If they deny you, you can then apply to the county sherrif.
The map represents a what the county sherrif position is, city PDs inside some of those counties are opposite of what the county sherrif does.

The address you write down in your CCW application and the fact that they interview your neighbors as part of the background check process.
Also, some counties require that you have been living at your address for more than a year before being eligible to apply for a CCW permit.

that is incorrect.

you live in the county just as much as you do the city... the city is located IN the county.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:32:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Is there county to county reciprocity?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:07:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Well I wasn't even aware that you could apply at the city level, I thought everything was county.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:38:05 PM EDT
[#12]
the county i live is is supposedly will issue. the city, if they give you one will more often than not add some bullshit restrictions to it.

if you have a permit... you have a permit. county to couny. wherever you go.

but... there are some places you cant go. government building and shit i believe...
and some cities think they can restrict you but.... its is a CONCEALED weapons permit.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:17:23 AM EDT
[#13]

If only the folks in IL, WI, and NJ had it this good.

Looks promising.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:17:36 AM EDT
[#14]
damned DT
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:29:10 PM EDT
[#15]
What are the guide lines for personal protection, or example that would qualify for personal protection?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:54:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What are the guide lines for personal protection, or example that would qualify for personal protection?

EXAMPLE ONLY - From what I've heard, the former (and now felon) Orange County Sheriff accepted protection as a reason from shooters that shot various kinds of shooting sports and might have multiple weapons in there cars or taking multiple guns from vehicles into homes as a valid reason.  

Now he's gone, and I've heard that the new Sheriff in town doesn't use that.

Other sheriffs other counties range from no reason no way no how to pretty minimal reasons
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:13:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

EXAMPLE ONLY - From what I've heard, the former (and now felon) Orange County Sheriff accepted protection as a reason from shooters that shot various kinds of shooting sports and might have multiple weapons in there cars or taking multiple guns from vehicles into homes as a valid reason.  

Now he's gone, and I've heard that the new Sheriff in town doesn't use that.

Other sheriffs other counties range from no reason no way no how to pretty minimal reasons

which is why several years ago I started looking for alternative methods and decided to bank on the PI route

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top