Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/14/2007 2:22:23 PM EDT
...and as I walk into the neighborhood Subway restaurant, I see two of Charlotte County's best sitting there having dinner, I order, pay for, and receive my dinner, and proceed to walk out of the place.  I am followed by one of the deputies, who waits until I am away from the door in the parking lot, and asks if he can speak to me for a moment.  I stop, turn around to face him, and say "Sure, what's up"?  He asks me if I have a CCW, to which I reply "yes, why do you ask (I was not, at the time carrying)?  He states that I am "printing" and if I am carrying on my right hip?  I tell him that I am not.  He points to my right hip and asks "then what is that?"  I slowly reach my left hand across my chest and pull up my shirt tail to reveal my cell phone on my belt.  He say "Oh, are you carrying anywhere else on your person?"  I tell him no.  He says OK, and turns around to go back inside.  I call after him as to why this manner of questioning, and he stated that if I had been carrying, and was "printing" he would have asked to see my CCW.  That was it.  OK, now here is my question for the forum.....WTF????  Am I over-reacting to this?  I know he can question me, I know he can ask to see my CCW, but WHY after I tell him I have one, and THEN tell him I am not carrying, does it persist?  I was just waiting for him to ask if I had it in my vehicle, which he did  not ask.  Opinions????
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 2:59:36 PM EDT
[#1]
anyone can say "Yea, I have a "aircraftcarrier/yacht/100,000acre plot next to a nat'l forest". I don't see anything wrong with it, he was just checking, and if his assumption was right, he just wanted to make sure you were within the law.
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 4:45:11 PM EDT
[#2]
YOu expected him to just believe you because you have an honest face, or something?  
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 4:50:00 PM EDT
[#3]
LEOs can't just assume that you have a CCW when they see you printing. (doesn't matter if it was a cell or not)

I know for a fact a few Dept.s here in Orlando area are trained to ask when they see something like that.
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 4:52:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds to me like you had a very calm deputy asking a legitimate question; I have heard of confrontations that went far worse.

Cops like the one in your situation are subtly telling us they know we carry and want us to be aware of it.

Link Posted: 4/14/2007 5:09:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sounds to me like you had a very calm deputy asking a legitimate question; I have heard of confrontations that went far worse.

Cops like the one in your situation are subtly telling us they know we carry and want us to be aware of it.

I'd hope a cop would calmly bring it to my attention if he noticed it.  If I'm printing, most sheeple wouldn't notice it, but a cop would, which means a criminal likely would, too.      
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 5:47:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I think the LEO did it very well and if you think about it offered a valuable training tip.  If I was carrying I sure as heck would want to know if I was printing.  It's not just the good guys that notice.

I have been out and about at Wally World and other fine establishments when I have noticed someone carrying concealed.  In some cases they guy was obviously a cop in others, who knows. I sure wasn't going to point it out to them.
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 5:53:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Sure glad im law abiding so I dont get bothered by...oh wait

For far too long the law abiding have been punished and inconvenienced by asshatery in laws and uniform. Besided fl statutes say shit about 'printing', just concealed from normal view, a non leo wouldnt have noticed with few exceptions....what a crock
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 6:11:32 PM EDT
[#8]
So you're saying, in a similar scenario, it turns out the guy is carrying and he is carrying illegally and the cop arrests him, the charges should be dismissed on the grounds of asshattery?

DocV
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 6:42:28 PM EDT
[#9]
OK, Thanks for the inputs.  I guess I had a bad day yesterday.  I have been carrying for almost six years now, and that was my first approach by anyone, much less a LEO.  I guess I should take that as my cell phone prints more than my Glock-22 does.  Hope to see ya'll at the shoot at Webb in the morning.
Renkin2688
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 6:50:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
So you're saying, in a similar scenario, it turns out the guy is carrying and he is carrying illegally and the cop arrests him, the charges should be dismissed on the grounds of asshattery?

DocV

Yes, unless hes a felon

I figure if the scum is gonna carry anyway we should to, no permit necessary, or keep em but dont charge for them...
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 8:53:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Yes, unless hes a felon

I figure if the scum is gonna carry anyway we should to, no permit necessary, or keep em but dont charge for them...

You're preachin' to the choir, brother.  If I remember correctly, Vermont's CC laws are like that.
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 8:46:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
...and as I walk into the neighborhood Subway restaurant, I see two of Charlotte County's best sitting there having dinner, I order, pay for, and receive my dinner, and proceed to walk out of the place.  I am followed by one of the deputies, who waits until I am away from the door in the parking lot, and asks if he can speak to me for a moment.  I stop, turn around to face him, and say "Sure, what's up"?  He asks me if I have a CCW, to which I reply "yes, why do you ask (I was not, at the time carrying)?  He states that I am "printing" and if I am carrying on my right hip?  I tell him that I am not.  He points to my right hip and asks "then what is that?"  I slowly reach my left hand across my chest and pull up my shirt tail to reveal my cell phone on my belt.  He say "Oh, are you carrying anywhere else on your person?"  I tell him no.  He says OK, and turns around to go back inside.  I call after him as to why this manner of questioning, and he stated that if I had been carrying, and was "printing" he would have asked to see my CCW.  That was it.  OK, now here is my question for the forum.....WTF????  Am I over-reacting to this?  I know he can question me, I know he can ask to see my CCW, but WHY after I tell him I have one, and THEN tell him I am not carrying, does it persist?  I was just waiting for him to ask if I had it in my vehicle, which he did  not ask.  Opinions????

thats funny. once i stood in front of a Cape Coral police officer while CCWing. I was wearing an xl t-shirt and shorts. i was carrying a witness .45 long slide in an uncle mikes IWB holster. he never knew.
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 11:43:13 AM EDT
[#13]
height=8
Quoted:
True, and in point of fact the Courts have held that even PARTIALLY concealed IS concealed....I utterly agree with you NC!

Not arguing it with you, but you wouldn't happen to have a link some sort of evidence behind this would you? I was always under the impression that obvious printing was some sort of crime.
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 1:20:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oink.

..............................photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=52418

I'm sure he meant Renkin2688......he's kinda fat.....

WHAT!!!!!!  There is a lot of money invested in this beer belly.
                                                                   I'm just sayin'......
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 1:21:48 PM EDT
[#15]
All guns are bad.  Only the police and the military need them.  Only someone who is extremely paranoid would think about carrying one.
Bwahahaahaahaaaahhhaahhahahahahahahaahahahahhahahhahaha!
I was bored. DocV (with Browning HP resting comfortably in a Milt Sparks Versa Max II)
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 1:34:38 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
True, and in point of fact the Courts have held that even PARTIALLY concealed IS concealed....I utterly agree with you NC!

Not arguing it with you, but you wouldn't happen to have a link some sort of evidence behind this would you? I was always under the impression that obvious printing was some sort of crime.

Unless its printing to the extent that any tom dick or harry knows its a gun your ok
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 2:59:47 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
cop asking stupid questions......hmm,nothing strange about that...
too many law abiding folk are getting used to le types intruding on your rights,as minor as it may seem...you jump thru every hoop they ask you to,class,fees,prints,more fees,waiting.....choose the gun you want to carry,train with it,and get a rig to put it in........lots of money,time.....only to have a overzelous cop get a bug in his butt to ask....for no reason....other than you have a lump in your shirt,geez..its my colostomy bag,barney,wanna see?

So you're sayin that the cops shouldn't approach anyone who they think might be printing or carrying concealed because you have chosen to do the legitimate thing by obtaining your carry permit and undergo some training?  I'd rather be inconvenienced by a cop who is doing their job and being alert than just having the boys in blue turn their heads the other way when they notice something.  Of course, we know that fast food joints are never robbed.  I don't see this as being overzealous.  They're doing their jobs, protecting You, the patrons and workers in the Subway and Themselves.

yes,thats what im saying,go find a real criminal.asking you if i have a lump in my pants??????
maybe barney is tring to make a pass?

will you concent to a vehicle search cuz you were speeding?

your home cuz a cop smelled something suspicious?

will you let a cop pat you down at a traffic stop?

stopping you on the street becuse you look suspicious?

sure,you have nothing to hide,and i dont as well,but im not worried,the law is here to protect me.....b-fing s.
thats why everyone shouldnt carry a gun,cuz the man is here to protect.....
its you duty as an american to defend yourself,not leave it up to a paid offical to do,god i cant belive im typing this on ar15.com.
standing armies are the bane of liberty,militerized cops need to be checked on if ands or buts...you may veiw it as a minor nusance to get asked if your are armed,and you smile a happy smile thinking you are safe.thats why liberals write gun laws,cuz it makes them feel safe,that only cops are armed....geez....
if i thought that cops would protect me,i guess some of the really bad stuff that happened to me in the past should have been stopped by a cop? call the cops ma,were being robbed!

once you allow le to step across a boundery,you begin to allow the law to infringe on other"rights".

oh,and i ask this:
was the subway sandwich shop in a high crime area?
was the sandwich shop robbed before?
was the activities of the person unusual?
was the sandwich purchaser behaving in a way to threten the officers,patrons,staff?
or,
was it a big shot cop showing off to a rookie?
was it someone(cop) who was bored?
i could go on,and on......oh,and if le was doing its job protecting me,the subway,the patrons,how come a cop isnt in every place of eating?working/living,theater,mall,house car plane train,bus.........
how come a cop wasnt in the gunstore/range in tampa to thwart a hostage situation?
bullshit.

Link Posted: 4/15/2007 3:39:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 4:17:23 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

yes,thats what im saying,go find a real criminal.asking you if i have a lump in my pants??????

Don't know.  But I'm assuming most PD's have a Don't Ask, Don't Tell Policy

Nope, but if they have probable cause they will anyway.  If they see something illegal in plain sight, smell something or you fit a perp's description/vehicle they're gonna open it up.  If they've got a real hard on for you, they'll bring out the dog to see if he alerts and then that will suffice for probable cause.  Would it upset me?  Hell Yes, but if they didn't stop me and I matched a description, I'd be upset that they weren't doing their jobs.

Nope, I would guess that they need a warrant, or face a civil suit.  But if there is a strong oder, then I'm pretty sure that they'll be given a warrant.  Enough labs, grow houses are busted down here every day.

Again, not w/o probable cause.  But then again, If I happen to match a description of someone they're looking for they have probable cause.  You resist a lawful order things can get out of hand real fast and chances are you'll be on the short end.

See above.

sure,you have nothing to hide,and i dont as well,but im not worried,the law is here to protect me.....b-fing s.
its you duty as an american to defend yourself,not leave it up to a paid offical to do,god i cant belive im typing this on ar15.com.

I believe that it is my Founding Father's Provided RIGHT to Arm and Protect myself.  It is just that a RIGHT, not an obligation.  If some people choose not to do this that is their right and they can rely on the Police if they so choose.  Police are there for a reason to enforce laws which have been created to set some guidelines for people to live by.  Before you get started, there are some pretty F'ing stupid laws out there, but they are what they are.

standing armies are the bane of liberty,militerized cops need to be checked on if ands or buts...you may veiw it as a minor nusance to get asked if your are armed,and you smile a happy smile thinking you are safe.thats why liberals write gun laws,cuz it makes them feel safe,that only cops are armed....geez....

Equating Police with a standing army?  I don't think so.  But that's just me.  I know plenty of cops through work and although they have a formal chain of command, they are far from a standing army.  As for having them make me feel safe, if that were the case, I wouldn't be carrying All The Time.  But since I do ........ nuff said.

if i thought that cops would protect me,i guess some of the really bad stuff that happened to me in the past should have been stopped by a cop? call the cops ma,were being robbed!

Sorry to hear that.  Unfortunately they can't be everywhere and there are lots of bad people out there.  Again, see above.

once you allow le to step across a boundery,you begin to allow the law to infringe on other"rights".

I don't condone Unwarranted, Stops, Questioning and/or Searches.  Never have, never will.  But, if you're printing, you're printing and there is no way he knows if you are leagally allowed to be carrying.  

oh,and i ask this:
was the sandwich purchaser behaving in a way to threten the officers,patrons,staff?

Does it matter?  Crime happens everywhere, even in suburban, upscale neighboorhoods.  As for unusual activities or behaviours, He thought he saw a gun printing.  Imagine if they had done nothing and the person printing wasn't you, but someone who later robbed and killed someone.  Then they would be accused of being negligent in the execution of their duties.

or,
i could go on,and on......oh,and if le was doing its job protecting me,the subway,the patrons,how come a cop isnt in every place of eating?working/living,theater,mall,house car plane train,bus.........
how come a cop wasnt in the gunstore/range in tampa to thwart a hostage situation?

Like I said before.  They can't be everywhere.  That's why I choose to carry.

bullshit.

That's what's great about this country.  You AND I are entitled to our opinions.  No matter how misguided and wrong yours is.  

Link Posted: 4/15/2007 6:26:28 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't know.  But I'm assuming most PD's have a Don't Ask, Don't Tell Policy

Nope, but if they have probable cause they will anyway.  If they see something illegal in plain sight, smell something or you fit a perp's description/vehicle they're gonna open it up.  If they've got a real hard on for you, they'll bring out the dog to see if he alerts and then that will suffice for probable cause.  Would it upset me?  Hell Yes, but if they didn't stop me and I matched a description, I'd be upset that they weren't doing their jobs.

Nope, I would guess that they need a warrant, or face a civil suit.  But if there is a strong oder, then I'm pretty sure that they'll be given a warrant.  Enough labs, grow houses are busted down here every day.

Again, not w/o probable cause.  But then again, If I happen to match a description of someone they're looking for they have probable cause.  You resist a lawful order things can get out of hand real fast and chances are you'll be on the short end.

See above.

I believe that it is my Founding Father's Provided RIGHT to Arm and Protect myself.  It is just that a RIGHT, not an obligation.  If some people choose not to do this that is their right and they can rely on the Police if they so choose.  Police are there for a reason to enforce laws which have been created to set some guidelines for people to live by.  Before you get started, there are some pretty F'ing stupid laws out there, but they are what they are.

Equating Police with a standing army?  I don't think so.  But that's just me.  I know plenty of cops through work and although they have a formal chain of command, they are far from a standing army.  As for having them make me feel safe, if that were the case, I wouldn't be carrying All The Time.  But since I do ........ nuff said.

Sorry to hear that.  Unfortunately they can't be everywhere and there are lots of bad people out there.  Again, see above.

I don't condone Unwarranted, Stops, Questioning and/or Searches.  Never have, never will.  But, if you're printing, you're printing and there is no way he knows if you are leagally allowed to be carrying.  

oh,and i ask this:

Does it matter?  Crime happens everywhere, even in suburban, upscale neighboorhoods.  As for unusual activities or behaviours, He thought he saw a gun printing.  Imagine if they had done nothing and the person printing wasn't you, but someone who later robbed and killed someone.  Then they would be accused of being negligent in the execution of their duties.

or,

Like I said before.  They can't be everywhere.  That's why I choose to carry.

bullshit.

That's what's great about this country.  You AND I are entitled to our opinions.  No matter how misguided and wrong yours is.  

we live in a mommy society police state,thats my opinion.
we have to ask for permission to excersize our rights,our god given rights,not man given,god given.
your willing to comply with minor infractions of your personal liberty,im not.
i have stood my ground with this issue in my life,and i have come away stronger.the price of liberty is vigilance.
oh,and its a duty to defend these rights,and an obligation. to hold them dear to pass on to the next generation,if we wont,who will?
its impossible to truly debate in a internet chat thred....but i belive that your entitled to your opinion,no matter how herd mentality it is...
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 6:49:11 PM EDT
[#21]

we have to ask for permission to excersize our rights,our god given rights,not man given,god given.
i have stood my ground with this issue in my life,and i have come away stronger.the price of liberty is vigilance.
oh,and its a duty to defend these rights,and an obligation. to hold them dear to pass on to the next generation,if we wont,who will?
its impossible to truly debate in a internet chat thred....but i belive that your entitled to your opinion,no matter how herd mentality it is...

God Given?  Anyone who believes in any sort of god anymore probably hasn't spent much time outside his climate-controlled, crib-fed cell.  God, or any deity, is a figment of an insecure, desperate human mind.  IMO (disclaimer...that means anyone who takes offense to my opinion can removed my removed), there is no god, only that which man created in his own image, out of an insecure desire for an explanation of the unexplainable.  

You have a right to disagree, but please do so in a respectful manner.

SGB
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 9:35:34 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I was confronted by security at Wal Mart after trying on pants.  He asked if I had anything under my shirt, tucked in my waist-band?  I said, "Yes, but we should go someplace less public to show you."  He agreed to go to the back, were I showed him my CCW, he then asked, "Oh, it's a gun?"  "Yes," I replied.  "Have a nice day!" he told me.

So you can shoplift from Wal Mart if you have a CCW and claim the goods are a gun!

Prolly not.

I was very happy that there wasn't a problem from the store people about me carrying.  At least not from the Wal Mart on US19 just North of Gandy.

If this happened, I would just ask them for the police to come and not say anything else. They can say anything once they KNOW you have a gun.
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 9:48:50 PM EDT
[#23]
The below explains and justifies everything the officer did.  

Terry v. Ohio, 392 U.S. 1 (1968), was a decision by the United States Supreme Court which ruled that the Fourth Amendment prohibition on unreasonable searches and seizures was not violated when a police officer stopped a suspect on the street and searched him without probable cause.

Because of the important interest in protecting the safety of police officers, the Court held that police have the ability to stop someone and do a quick surface search of their outer clothing for weapons. This is allowed if the officer has a reasonable suspicion that a crime has taken or is about to take place and the person stopped is armed and dangerous. This reasonable suspicion must be based on specific and articulable facts and not merely upon the officer's hunch. This permitted police action has subsequently been referred to in short as a "Terry stop and frisk", or simply a "Terry stop." The Terry standard was later extended to temporary detentions of persons in vehicles, known as traffic stops.

The rationale behind the Supreme Court decision revolves around the understanding that, as the opinion notes, "the exclusionary rule has its limitations". The meaning of the rule is to protect persons from unreasonable searches and seizures aimed at gathering evidence, not searches and seizures for other purposes (like prevention of crime or personal protection of police officers).

The crime he had a reasonable suspicious was being committed was carrying a weapon/firearm w/o a permit.  The articulable facts are the printing of a weapon through the t-shirt.  No more No Less.  There were no rights violated by him simply asking for a permit, he actually had enough to pat you down whether you like it or not, and had you run or refused to answer questions you could be subject to arrest.  Hope this clears things up for people.  This also applies Nationwide as it is a US Supreme Court Decision.
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 2:41:42 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

God Given?  Anyone who believes in any sort of god anymore probably hasn't spent much time outside his climate-controlled, crib-fed cell.  God, or any deity, is a figment of an insecure, desperate human mind.  IMO (disclaimer...that means anyone who takes offense to my opinion can removed my removed), there is no god, only that which man created in his own image, out of an insecure desire for an explanation of the unexplainable.

You have a right to disagree, but please do so in a respectful manner.

SGB

wow! you have issues! but hey,thats america!.
move along now.....
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 3:44:57 AM EDT
[#25]
The crime he had a reasonable suspicious was being committed was carrying a weapon/firearm w/o a permit.

I wish to take issue with this statement made by Focus545. Since when is it reasonable to assume everyone carrying a weapon is doing it illegally? That's really stretching the definition of reasonable suspicion! Just my take.
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 6:01:20 AM EDT
[#26]
my take on it is if a copy sees someone printing, he ought to investigate...if it's a legal CCW, then both go on their merry way; if it's illegal, the cop can make an arrest.  I'd kind of prefer that cops are vigilant in ensuring that only those allowed to carry a gun are doing so.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 6:51:26 AM EDT
[#27]
yep,im sure the cops roll up in the hood every chance they get and check the holmies/bangers/trash to see if they are printing.

my take on it is go find a real criminal.

open carry,anyone?
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 7:03:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Snail50- Printing what? The Officer obviously couldn't tell a cell phone from a firearm. When the Officer saw the cell phone, which was his reasonable suspicion, that should have ended the thing. I see your point; just don't agree with it. Have a good day.
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 8:54:58 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Snail50- Printing what? The Officer obviously couldn't tell a cell phone from a firearm. When the Officer saw the cell phone, which was his reasonable suspicion, that should have ended the thing. I see your point; just don't agree with it. Have a good day.

Actually, I completely agree with your statement.  I should have clarified better, but once it was determined that the suspicious bulge was a phone, it definitely should've ended right there.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 9:59:12 AM EDT
[#30]
He couldnt tell a phone from a gun, in court he might just lose.

Like saying you stopped someone you though had a bag of rocks in his pocket that was only change...

Link Posted: 4/16/2007 10:34:33 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

That was my whole argument right there, in a nutshell.  But I certainly have learned that I may have overreacted to the whle incident by the several opinions I have recieved herein.
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 1:51:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Younger guy or older guy?

Could it be within the realm of possibilty that this was a "new guy"? Maybe with a little less experience than others. I am sure he was embarrassed as hell when you showed him your assault phone. He probably will make triple sure the next time he asks someone if they are carrying. Some folks require a learning curve, as they are not as wise or experienced as many on this board.

jj
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 1:55:12 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Could it be within the realm of possibilty that this was a "new guy"? Maybe with a little less experience than others. I am sure he was embarrassed as hell when you showed him your assault phone. He probably will make triple sure the next time he asks someone if they are carrying. Some folks require a learning curve, as they are not as wise or experienced as many on this board.

jj

He was probably early 30's, with two stripes on his sleeve.  He was polite, and did not appear to be trying to show off, as the second deputy never came out of the restaurant.
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 3:19:51 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

jj

He was probably early 30's, with two stripes on his sleeve.  He was polite, and did not appear to be trying to show off, as the second deputy never came out of the restaurant.

Maybe they had a bet!
Some learning curves are wider than others......

jj

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 7:53:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Some people really amaze me.....  you all are the first ones to bitch when an alert cop politely asks about a permit (which you agreed to when you applied for it).  And your also the first ones to bitch when you think a cop "should have" stopped something from happening...your no different than the media!

You need to get off your computer, go outside, and see what the world is really like...

ETA:  renkin, I understand you were just asking everyone's opinion,,,not at all directed at you my friend...
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:03:17 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
yep,im sure the cops roll up in the hood every chance they get and check the holmies/bangers/trash to see if they are printing.

What, you mean like a person possibly carrying a gun illegally?

renkin, it's even worth noting that the officers didn't do some bullshit like calling you down inside. Sounds like he was respectful to you and even managed to make sure the rest of the world didn't get to hear what went on.

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:22:16 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

geez,am i that easy to read?
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:28:56 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

hmmm,no....more like the trash that gets away with shit everyday,and barney is hangin in subway eating his sub......
as in,was it worth the time?

This encounter took at the most, 5 minutes. If renkin had been illegally carrying, then that 5 minutes of good investigation would have been very well worth it.

...or are you one of those people who thinks cops should only patrol the ghetto?

Nice edit, are you just looking for something to bag on the cops for? He was doing his job, and from the sounds of it, was very personable about it, too, but that's not good enough for you, is it?
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:53:23 AM EDT
[#39]
no not really,but i figuered i wasted enough time on this subject.
and if i choose to edit my post,thats my business....
but you seem to want to make a point,so there you go....
rant away....
yep,im saying cops shouldnt patrol suburbs,only gettos,yep,ya got me....

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:55:28 AM EDT
[#40]
<edit>

I'm done. I've got grass to mow and you are making no sense.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:57:45 AM EDT
[#41]
good! its done! miller time!
have a nice day!
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:59:44 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
<edit>

I'm done. I've got grass to mow and you are making no sense.

when you're done, mine could use a trim...
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:06:10 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
good! its done! miller time!

Sweet!   I'll get the first round!  
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:18:27 AM EDT
[#44]
too bad,i just missed the office train to hooters!
oh well,some of us have more work to do...
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:41:43 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

renkin, it's even worth noting that the officers didn't do some bullshit like calling you down inside. Sounds like he was respectful to you and even managed to make sure the rest of the world didn't get to hear what went on.

Yep, he was very respectful, and the encounter took less than 2 minutes.  Yes, I was just asking an opinion of the whole thing, as I said, in six years, it was the first time I had been questioned, and was just surprised, as I was not at the time carrying.  Thanks for all the good advice and opinions though.  I definitely do not fault him for questioning me at all, I was just a little surprised it kept going after his suspition was doused with a cell phone.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:44:15 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Some people really amaze me.....  you all are the first ones to bitch when an alert cop politely asks about a permit (which you agreed to when you applied for it).  And your also the first ones to bitch when you think a cop "should have" stopped something from happening...your no different than the media!

You need to get off your computer, go outside, and see what the world is really like...

ETA:  renkin, I understand you were just asking everyone's opinion,,,not at all directed at you my friend...

I appreciate it. Really I do.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 3:11:24 PM EDT
[#47]
just doing his job
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 7:39:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Three pages.....whoda thunk it?????
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top