Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2005 12:47:22 PM EDT
  I came across a threa called "Rifle Idea on CalGuns.com.
  Got me Thinkin that it may work,  so I started up the Mill and commenced cutting.  I started a new thread called "Rifle Idea Con't " with the update.   Problem is I need some parts to finish the Prototype,  looking for donations of a Carrier and Trigger or some funds to cover the $55 Carrier and $9 trigger from Delton.  Thanks and sorry for the hit up of donations,  but new baby's are expensive!!!!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:38:21 PM EDT
[#1]
looks like you are on to something.
If that trigger can be installe a little more vertical
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:58:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Does that upper actually function, or is just for looks at this point?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:36:03 PM EDT
[#3]
The prototype has a functional trigger system and as soon as I can get a Carrier it will Cycle the action, But  it's just Acrylic Plastic!!! and I am leaving the magwell unfinished untill I finish the Buffer assembly and carrier.  
p.s.  Started the aluminum cutting today,  am taking pictures as I go.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:12:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you just need a normal carrier, with the bolt and all the innards, along with the FCG?  I'd donate the $64 to this effort if that was more convenient for you.  IM me.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:58:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

::scratches head::

I wonder how that upper operates without a buffer tube?

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:29:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

::scratches head::

I wonder how that upper operates without a buffer tube?

I was wondering more where the heck the bolt carrier goes. I like the idea of this gun, but if it means breaking it open to cycle the action, I'll pass.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:30:42 PM EDT
[#7]
  The Buffer Tube is in the Stock,  it is going to be similar to an FAL rat tail system.  I need a Carrier that I can cut down and add the Rat Tail to it.  This system will only use an AR upper and look kinda like an AR yet be easy to covert standard AR parts to work with it.  I'm at a standstill till I can get the Carrier and Trigger.
Slipjoint,  I can use either a Std Carrier or some help funding the parts needed,  I have one other person on CalGuns that wants to help also.  I'm hoping a few more people will be able to help out so it doesn't cost anyone 2 muchmoney.  I bought the upper, Aluminum, Misc. steel and parts....   I'm tapped
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:57:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Check out the Daewoo AR-100 or AR-100C or DR-100 design on gas system.  We called it as AK-15.

Take a look at some of the bench rifle stock design.  Vertical hand position with high rise comb stock.  They are not consider as "thumb hole".  A manufacturer (like Calv Arms) maybe able to mod the stock and reciever as one.

Also check out the Olympic Arms OA-93 Carbine.  It also has an uique gas system.

Good luck with the project...

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:55:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:49:10 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Take a look at some of the bench rifle stock design.  Vertical hand position with high rise comb stock.  They are not consider as "thumb hole".  

I think that is a bad idea. You want to stay with a mor traditional stock, because a lot of Bench stocks can easily be considered to having a pistol grip, because it falls below the action. He should try to stray away from as many 'rejectable' points as possible.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:14:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Last year, I asked CavArms about making a "Cali-legal" version of their polymer lower/stock. They said No, wouldn't do it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:10:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I congratulate (sp?) you, nice work!

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:32:02 AM EDT
[#13]
woW!

If this comes into fruition, id be in for at least a couple
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:07:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Interesting read.  It's neat watching the thread evolve, and there are some knowledgable posters to boot.

NorCal
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:50:16 PM EDT
[#15]
i don't think the AR-type buffer system would work with the shotgun-style stock/grip. with the canted stock, you don't have enough room for the buffer to move and absorb the forces. the M14, SU16 systems use pistons to absorb some of the force.

if you made the upper action cycle like a pistol slide, then you wouldn't need to worry about the buffer system...
or if you shrunk down a semi-auto shotgun system for rifle cartridge size.

but then you'd be moving away from AR-type internals, negating the whole point of maintaining the AR-type system.

your prototype looks cool! but kinda dangerous without a trigger guard. i hope you succeed, it would be a big F U to those girly-man gun-control legislators.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:55:54 PM EDT
[#16]
The rat tail system is an excellent idea!   You may also want to check out the Benelli Super 90 rat tail design.

With the FN design, you probably need a new carrier key design to take the rate tail at the end of the key.  (Need to be high enough to clear the hammer or chop the hammer)

With Benelli design, the hammer goes through the rat tail, more complicated to build though.

Can't wait when you get it working...  
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 11:20:54 AM EDT
[#17]
  Well started cutting the aluminum and now the time consuming part of the process.  SHAPING!!!  Take a look at whats involved.
CA Project

h
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top