Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2006 1:23:37 AM EDT
I know in other states if you have a CHL you don't have to fill out the form & do the background check, but is that true for Oregon? I haven't bought a new gun since getting my CHL.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:14:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Still have to do the check at a dealer. I've never heard of not doing the paperwork at a dealer. Non-dealer buying outside of a gunshow nothing is required, CHL or not.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:02:19 AM EDT
[#2]
The only binus to buying a handgun when you have a CHL is that you don 't have to wait to take it home...at least before the instant check was started. I have still had to do the paperwork and background every time.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:42:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Oregon CHL does not exempt you from the background check.  In some states it does.

See the ATF site for info.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:49:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Oregon CHL does not exempt you from the background check.  In some states it does.

See the ATF site for info.

Expempt from a "National Background Check" yes in some states.

The state now does Oregons so you get to pay them for that privvy. When Oregon used the Nics system those of you who had the permits were exempt from the check.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top