Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2006 8:19:01 PM EDT
I have a friend who lives near Colorado Springs. I'm sending him a gun from MT, and the store that he is picking it up from is telling him that they have to do a background check regardless of the fact that he has a valid Concealed Carry Permit.

Is this true?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:25:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:29:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, Defcon.

Sorry about the double post between here and GD, but I was in a hurry for an answer.

Sadly, that is not the answer I wanted to hear.

My friend has been waiting on his Desert Warrior for three months, but the problem is that he has been "Denied" before so now he has to wait some more to get that sorted out.

I was hoping the lady at the store didn't know what she was talking about.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:30:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:59:06 PM EDT
[#4]
how can you have a concealed carry liscense, yet be dennied on the purchase of a gun?  don't CCW background checks go more in depth than a background check for buying a gun?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:52:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I think this is incorect...

Local shop for me says CCW takes care of the paperwork....

Now, unless I am mistaken the background check is part of the crappy yellow form?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:16:31 PM EDT
[#6]
the background check is part of the yellow form.  if i'm not mistaken, the background check for the gun is through the CBI and the background check for a CCW is through the FBI.  Thats why I was wondering how you could get ok'd for a CCW but not a gun.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:59:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top