Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 2/24/2006 1:57:34 PM EDT
Hey Guys. New to the Forum and AR's in general. I have an opportunity to buy a RRA LAR 15 with a 16" Chrome Moly, HBAR, 4 rail handgard, detachable carry handle, 6 position stock, forward grip. It was hand built with all RRA Parts. What would a fair price be to offer for this gun. It has about 250 rounds through it and is at about 98%

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:48:55 PM EDT
I just sold a gun similar to that one. It had an RRA Lower, and an LMT 14.5" upper with a pinned FL.

It sold it for $800.00. So you might offer him $700.00

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:21:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MiamiARFan:
Hey Guys. New to the Forum and AR's in general. I have an opportunity to buy a RRA LAR 15 with a 16" Chrome Moly, HBAR, 4 rail handgard, detachable carry handle, 6 position stock, forward grip. It was hand built with all RRA Parts. What would a fair price be to offer for this gun. It has about 250 rounds through it and is at about 98%

Whats the price they are asking? Its only worth what one is willing to pay. Wholesale on alot of RRA is around 650-700 and UP. But that is for complete guns, you say this is parts gun. Even if all parts are RRA, its still a Parts gun IMO. Personally I wouldnt pay more than 600bux. But im cheap and I can build em for under 500bux. It really depends on what they are asking and how much you want it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:27:25 PM EDT

Bought that same gun postban for $525.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:31:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/24/2006 6:32:53 PM EDT by terma-nator]

Originally Posted By die-tryin:
Whats the price they are asking? Its only worth what one is willing to pay. Wholesale on alot of RRA is around 650-700 and UP. But that is for complete guns, you say this is parts gun. Even if all parts are RRA, its still a Parts gun IMO. Personally I wouldnt pay more than 600bux. But im cheap and I can build em for under 500bux. It really depends on what they are asking and how much you want it.

If what you're saying is correct, then every AR-15 assembled, doesn't matter where it was assembled, in Joes Garage, or the factory, doesn't matter . Every AR15 is a parts gun. Same parts were used.

Since only the lower receiver has the serial number on it, there's no "matching" of parts. Every AR15 is a parts gun. That should make the value consistant. I would have to agree with you.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:00:41 PM EDT
since it is used, see if they will let you shoot it. if so, take it out and see how you like it.

if you like it, offer him 650-800, depending on the condition. I wouldnt go over 850. you can get a new one for that
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:06:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By terma-nator:

Originally Posted By die-tryin:

If what you're saying is correct, then every AR-15 assembled, doesn't matter where it was assembled, in Joes Garage, or the factory, doesn't matter . Every AR15 is a parts gun. Same parts were used.

Since only the lower receiver has the serial number on it, there's no "matching" of parts. Every AR15 is a parts gun. That should make the value consistant. I would have to agree with you.

Yes, to a point. But someone building ARs at home may use what some consider sub par parts. To me, parts are parts. But I know like Bushmaster triggers are alot smoother and crisper than OLY or DPMS LPKs, stuff like that is what I was referring to. I dunno, I jus see the Parts kit vs. factory built as two diff. types.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:53:37 AM EDT
Thanks guys,

All good advice. I'm gonna take it out and shoot it this weekend and see how tight it is. I'll let you know how it feels. Looks sweet though. Damn, I can see that this is gonna get expensive fast.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:13:36 AM EDT

Thanks guys,

All good advice. I'm gonna take it out and shoot it this weekend and see how tight it is. I'll let you know how it feels. Looks sweet though. Damn, I can see that this is gonna get expensive fast.

BRD: The disease with no cure.

Symptoms:
-Thinking every non-black gun looks funny
-Severe lack of cash
-Becoming concerned about ammo quantity when you only have 1500 rounds left
-Trying to rationalize a scope that costs more than the rifle (ACOG)
-Manical cackling every time you go to wal-mart (accompanied by weird looks from the clerk)

Welcome to our support group. I'm Mike, and I'm a ARcoholic
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:59:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Napoleon_Tanerite:

BRD: The disease with no cure.

Symptoms:
-Thinking every non-black gun looks funny
-Severe lack of cash
-Becoming concerned about ammo quantity when you only have 1500 rounds left
-Trying to rationalize a scope that costs more than the rifle (ACOG)
-Manical cackling every time you go to wal-mart (accompanied by weird looks from the clerk)

Welcome to our support group. I'm Mike, and I'm a ARcoholic

BIG +`1

NAIL ON THE HEAD.....

didn't even know i had it........... now it makes sense.. thanks

LOL...........
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:44:53 AM EDT
I dont have to rationalize buying an ACOG, shoot an AR without an ACOG in a run and gun event with targets from 5-200 yards and some of those targets being around 6" past 100 yards, try this with say a red dot optic or a standard scope. Then try the same event with an ACOG that has the BAC feature. The red dot fails on the long shots on small targets, the standard scope fails on the close range stuff the ACOG triumphs over all. Now an aim point or EOTECH with a 3x magnifier may be as good, but with this set up you have 2 optics to worry about and the expense for an Aimpoint and mount and a 3x Magnifier with mount will put you pretty close to the smae price, plus you have to worry about batteries. To me if your Optic wont perform to the level of your rifle, your rifle is worthless. I have no problem spending as much or more money on an Optic than I did on the rifle. YMMY this is JMHO
Top Top