Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 1/17/2006 7:09:18 AM EST
If you own a business outside of city limits, do you need a county license or just a state tax ID number?

Do the rules differ from county to county?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:38:29 AM EST
depends on what type of business. You need to conform to applicable City or County laws regardless. If you have a State Tax ID number you have a good start.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:53:49 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/17/2006 8:54:21 AM EST by TANGOCHASER]
Can't get a state tax # until you have a federal tax# according to the application process. LeSeur county told me to contact the state department of revenue. No one in LeSeur county seems to be able to tell me where to go to find the zoning rules for my area. 100 people working in the same building and no one knows anything.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:09:13 AM EST
FYI, if you have not done it before, it is really easy to apply for Fed Tax ID online. Are you starting business for self or Corporation?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:12:06 AM EST

Originally Posted By TANGOCHASER:
100 people working in the same building and no one knows anything.

Isn't that how the government is suppose to work?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:59:02 AM EST
I am starting a new business and will go the LLC route right off the bat.

Aint the gov't cool? You can spend a month doing all the paperwork, then some clerk says you used a form that is obsolete even though they're the ones that gave you the form.
Top Top